Short & Simple Example Sentence For Dismal | Dismal Sentence
- They were dismal enough.
- Then he groaned in dismal horror.
- Bell immediately volunteered a most dismal account.
- I should prefer my dismal path to bound.
- Tommy, in a dismal tone.
- I never heard such a dismal noise as they make.
- Off he led her, and dismal enough she was.
- Nothing could be more dismal than the Irish capital now.
- Never comes any bird of Paradise into that dismal region.
- It was a dismal London morning, wet and cold.
- In this dismal chamber FAME was won.
- They waited for another quarter of an hour in dismal silence.
- In this dismal way was a creature of feeling and fancy brought up.
- In former times it was a dismal and calamitous thing for a tradesman to break.
- Mr. Raban, dismal man that he was, delighted in warnings and croakings.
How To Use Dismal In A Sentence?
- But she prided herself on her loyalty to the successive partners of her dismal adventures.
- During seven entire days he and his followers journeyed through dark and dismal deserts.
- Those dismal reiterated strokes of the funeral-bell meant that his burial was at hand.
- It was a rather dismal chamber, with shutters always closed against a too-revealing sunlight.
- Kapap itself looked a bleak dismal spot, lying all in the clouds at the end of a long dark lake.
- Full well the busy whisper, circling round, Conveyed the dismal tidings when he frowned.
- The reception-room is a dismal combination of Persian and European taste, invariably a failure.
- Really, he was so dismal a survivor of an older generation that we were glad she brought no more of his contemporaries to see us.
- I put on an unconscious easy manner, which was such a dismal failure that it was lucky for me that they were too much engrossed to notice it.
- The dismal coughing at times drowned all other sounds, and made it difficult to proceed with our work of distribution.
- She lived in the bowels of a dismal mountain, where she was in the habit of confining such unfortunate travellers as ventured within her domain.
- The only noise that broke the quiet was the dismal howl of a dog, and now and then the distant shriek and low roar of trains.
- The latter are generally very wretched looking places, with small dismal looking holes instead of windows.
- One of the monks had been a painter, but had retired from the world, and embraced this dismal life in expiation of some crime.
- There was one friend, however, who did not remain with the settlers when things began to look dismal around them.
- These dismal ruins are shapeless heaps of mud, the square towers of the square walls alone retaining any semblance of form.
- The dismal occurrence of the night, and the dismal narrations they had made, had left a superstitious feeling in every mind.
- It had a deep, dismal tone, and struck so slowly and tediously that my uncle thought it would never have done.
- In the dim, dismal distance still higher mountains appear, from which the stream plunges down in a snow-white torrent.
- Every instant the wall of fire is drawing closer in, the roll of the thunder is continuous, a dismal pulverization of 90,000 men!
- For hours Jean had sat staring out at the drear stretches of desert dripping under the dismal rain that streaked the car windows.
- He must have gone away thinking me cold and ungrateful; but I was like a creature at the bottom of some dark dismal pit.
- The dismal little room seemed suddenly illumined; the smoky court, the smutty-tree, the brown opposite foggy houses were radiant.
- Where the Cockaynes carried their guide-books and opera-glasses, and fell into raptures at every footstep, there are dismal ruins now.
- I have been measuring coal all day, on board of a black little British schooner, in a dismal dock at the north end of the city.
Definition of Dismal
Disappointingly inadequate. | Gloomy and bleak. | Depressing.
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Dismal in a sentence
sentence with Dismal
Dismal used in a sentence
Dismal make sentence
make sentence with Dismal
make sentence of Dismal
Dismal sentence in english