Short & Simple Example Sentence For Dry | Dry Sentence
- When they became dry they were dangerous.
- Darrow turned again with his dry laugh.
- Specimens were obtained both in the dry and rainy seasons.
- He paused to moisten his dry lips.
- Sketch and describe an excellent form of dry cell.
- At last she dipped her dry pen and laid the blotter ready.
- It must have a good roof to keep it dry in stormy weather.
- Four days I wandered through dry and thirsty places.
- St. Patrick send he may be a pure dry one!
- My lips, I remember, were almighty dry just then.
- You shall have words; but I, alas! dry blows.
- This is because the insulation of the wires is so largely dry air.
- Pep pumped him dry so far as the arrangements for the show were concerned.
- He was one of those dry old gentlemen who keep youngsters at bay.
- In the dry season the river was clear; it is surrounded by rainforest.
- Rain falls throughout the year, but there is a noticeable dry season.
- He took out some of the dry uninviting scraps and laid them close to Lumley.
- A cross-section of an excellent form of dry cell is shown in Fig.
How To Use Dry In A Sentence?
- Any thing was a variety from the dry studies and monotonous duties of the cloister.
- The air that blew against their faces as they rode along was dry and scorching.
- She had left her child in a baby carriage while she went into a dry goods store.
- Rubber and similar insulating materials give capacities as great as twice that of dry paper.
- And from out of this cavity breathed a strange dry air, like the sigh of a mummy.
- The dry cell when new and in good condition has an open-circuit voltage of from 1.5 to 1.6 volts.
- She felt that she had struck against something as dry and cold and impersonal as an abstract principle.
- How dogs and children rolled together in snow so dry from intense cold that it hardly wet them more than sand.
- Possibly in drier environments the species characteristically inhabits bromeliads, at least in the dry season.
- I have many a time had my pot of porter snipped off of my dinner in this way; and have had to dine with dry lips.
- She leaned back in the corner of the sofa to which he had led her, her eyes dry now but still very soft and sweet.
- They had been riding for miles and miles without seeing a tree or a hillock, or even a dry water-course.
- How long would it be, she wondered, before it would survive only in the dry bones of genealogical scandals?
- His lips had cracked wide open from the dry north wind, and his face was beginning to peel like a snake.
- He broke the dry sticks into fragments across his knee; when he had a fair-sized pile he took out his knife and whittled a few shavings.
- His face was smooth and childlike, yet dry and wrinkled, so that it was impossible to tell whether he was fifteen or fifty.
- But very little comes amiss to the camel; he will eat dry wood to keep up digestion, if in want of a substitute.
- The most used and standard size of dry cell is of cylindrical form six inches high and two and three-quarters inches in diameter.
- This term "dry cell" is in some respects a misnomer, since it is not dry and if it were dry it would not work.
- He gripped the arms of the chair, his jaw fell, and the sweat broke out on his brow while his dry tongue clove suddenly to the roof of his mouth.
- She found a dry place on the pebbles, removed her hat and sat down, her hands clasped around her knees, her eyes turned seaward.
- He crawled along cautiously, therefore, inch by inch; stepping with the utmost care among the dry leaves, lest their rustling should betray him.
Definition of Dry
Free from or lacking moisture. | Unable to produce a liquid, as water, (Petrochemistry) oil, or (farming) milk. | (masonry) Built without or lacking mortar.
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Dry in a sentence
sentence with Dry
Dry used in a sentence
Dry make sentence
make sentence with Dry
make sentence of Dry
Dry sentence in english