Definition of Expedience
(uncountable) The quality of being fit or suitable to effect some desired end or the purpose intended; propriety or advisability under the particular circumstances of a case. | Speed, haste or urgency. | Something that is expedient.
Short Example Sentences for Expedience
- 1. And will with all expedience charge on us. 🔊
How to use Expedience in Sentences?
- 1. Parliament has declared the expedience of these lines by having passed the bills for their formation. 🔊
- 2. He will show that such things which in expedience ought not to have been done were unavoidable, and therefore to be excused. 🔊
- 3. Nor do I admit that expedience is a lawful rule of conduct, in cases where moral principle is concerned. 🔊
- 4. Policy would teach Cromwell to soften the terrors of his administration as soon as he could found his government on the safer principles of expedience and prescription. 🔊