Short & Simple Example Sentence For Flattering | Flattering Sentence
- She was a flattering listener.
- It was a flattering compliment.
- What do you gain by flattering them up?
- Lay not that flattering unction to your soul.
- You had better think of something more flattering to say.
- There was a silent minute, highly flattering to Bianchon.
- For shame, great Rulers, leave your flattering words.
- This, of course, was not flattering to Miss Blaythwaite!
- That's not a very flattering picture.
- Their language is certainly flattering to all ministers in all courts.
- His view of the matter was not flattering to Captain Cheffington.
- En quo discordia cives produxit miseros!" was not very flattering to him.
- Hope told a flattering tale," and send it home to the dear girls.
How To Use Flattering In A Sentence?
- Thereupon they took seats with flattering promptness in order not to miss a word of the play.
- It was not a flattering way to be designated, but freshmen learn to be grateful for any identity.
- Benoni bowed to the ground as she went by, making some flattering speech about her appearance.
- She must have packed them up before leaving England, while she was still flattering him.
- Turenne returned to Paris in the winter, and was received with the most flattering marks of favor.
- He soon became rich by his talents, his wit, his polished manners, and by flattering his sitters.
- Another poem, dating from about 1320, refers to Irish dances in a flattering manner.
- Ellen Nussey in her turn asks Charlotte to tell her of her faults and "cease flattering her".
- Just then Stirling came up and with a very flattering speech asked Miss Huntington to sing.
- But it seemed to me that if he had received a very especially flattering reception he would have said so.
- There is enough talent in these verses to induce very flattering reviews in some of the literary journals.
- He appears perfectly to understand their general character, of which he gives no very flattering description.
- It is possible to avoid both discouraging and flattering views, and to give the most tender and elevating associations.
- The old gentleman was intent on pushing on to the main army, flattering himself he was going to command a division of it.
- The Hand prescribing, or the flattering Quill, Who doubly plagues, and boasts two Arts to kill!
- There was no other way of accounting for his assiduous good offices; his flattering yet minute description of my appearance.
- Most flattering propositions were made him by eager managers, who had become thoroughly awake to his genius when it was too late.
- He had just risen from an excellent dinner; he was not much alarmed; and his audience listened with flattering attention.
- Keith declared that all women loved flattery, but protested, of course, that he was not flattering her.
- He received me with much dry courtesy, through which, however, it was not difficult to read a less flattering tale.
- She knew, as did others, that she dressed with exquisite taste, and that no lady passed her on the street without a flattering comment.
- She invites them to her receptions, her dinner-parties; she often finds them pleasant, witty, and then they venture a few flattering compliments.
- But she gave him her hand, and said many flattering and pleasing things, which, however, neither flattered nor pleased him.
- Her lodger checked a rising smile, and leaned solicitously toward her, regarding her firm, fine-featured face with flattering attention.
- She could not have done better if she had plotted long to devise a method of flattering Willan Blaycke.
- There is something in the theory very pleasant and very flattering to human nature; and there are passages in the history of our race that might make its promulgation not unacceptable.
- Hitherto the subscription is indeed flattering to me, as their Majesties of France and Prussia have each taken a copy.
Definition of Flattering
attractive or good-looking; that makes one look good | present participle of flatter | The action of the verb to flatter.
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Flattering in a sentence
sentence with Flattering
Flattering used in a sentence
Flattering make sentence
make sentence with Flattering
make sentence of Flattering
Flattering sentence in english