Short & Simple Example Sentence For Floes | Floes Sentence
- The floes lay within 30 yards of us upon each side.
How To Use Floes In A Sentence?
- Great masses of ice called icebergs and ice floes are floating through this ocean.
- Lancaster Sound, although not frozen over, was crammed full of floes and icebergs.
- He tried to round the northern end of Greenland, but the great ice floes blocked his progress.
- The surface of these ice floes or fields rose only about a foot or so above the surface of the water.
- By skillful maneuvering we escaped from the ice floes and had a pleasant day or two in smoother seas.
- The blasting of such floes was frequently impracticable, as they were of such a thickness that we were unable to lay the mine under them.
- Down below was impenetrable blackness, shading softly overhead into blue-gray which was mottled by lighter areas from breaks in the floes above.
- The sky rose from filmy silver-azure to richest sapphire, and the rolling waters between the floes were darkest purple-blue.
- We were in danger of being imprisoned in a jam of icebergs, for the water-spaces between them freeze rapidly, binding the floes into one mass.
- About this time, too, we met numerous fields and floes of ice, to get through which we often experienced considerable difficulty.
- Meanwhile, the wind drove the ice in, the navigable water closed in all round it outside, and the floes were continually drawing nearer.
- Nor, though the water was open, did she find a clear way, for the river was full of scattered floes which had crumbled down from the rim-ice.
- On Tuesday, the 11th, we again proceeded southward by dint of arduous labor in clearing floes and brash, which often blocked our way.
- But the crew of the ship did not give themselves much concern about the ice itself; for it was soon discovered that the floes were covered in many places with seals.
- In addition to this, there were a number of loose floes beyond, and these were in constant motion, so that we had to be on the alert to prevent the kayaks from being crushed between them.
- The pressure was tremendous, and on every side floes heaped up their debris on each other, and pinnacles forced into collision were ground into common ruin.
- There is just enough movement in the ice to keep a few narrow lanes and small pools of water open; the floes or fields of ice are more inclined to spread out from each other than to close.
- There is no relative motion in the floes of ice, except a gradual closing together, the small spaces and streaks of water being still further diminished.
- Torches had also been lit, and bonfires of oakum-ends and other combustibles were burning on several floes around the Fram and making a brilliant show.
Definition of Floes
plural of floe
What other website visitors are viewing?
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Floes in a sentence
sentence with Floes
Floes used in a sentence
Floes make sentence
make sentence with Floes
make sentence of Floes
Floes sentence in english