Short & Simple Example Sentence For Flood | Flood Sentence
- A literal flood of abuse.
- Emily burst into a passionate flood of tears.
- A flood of sympathy bore them together.
- The flood was coming with fearful velocity.
- And now Bert noted that the force of the flood was abating.
- A flood is like those serpents which fascinate before they strike.
- See him now deeply buried in a golden flood of marsh marigolds!
- In some way he must reach the shore before the flood turned back.
- For nearly an hour this pure flood of harmony flowed through my penitent soul.
- That over the wounds and anguish The easeful flood might roll?
- The flood film was widely advertised and put on that Thursday night.
- In the Story of the Flood we are introduced to Indian marriage.
How To Use Flood In A Sentence?
- Those who stand in their way and pretend to help them with a flood of words are a host.
- Life appeared suddenly to open wide her gates and flood him with her rosy light.
- It was a most lovely night; there was a flood of moonlight poured out upon land and sea.
- One year the hail destroyed everything; another time the flood carried away all we had.
- And farther down, where the flood had come at midnight, it had swept away many lives.
- The time was fearfully short and the tumult of the coming flood was like the thunder of Niagara.
- But the flood followed him, roaring, and boiling, and heaving, in its onward rush.
- The gods have plainly emptied all their store, On whom they've pour'd a flood of bliss at once.
- Deucalion and his wife, Pyrrha were saved from the flood because Zeus respected their piety.
- It was decided that Vincent should go to New York and see what could be done about the flood film.
- At its height Little Crawling Stone, with a head of forty feet, is a choking flood of rock.
- He had succeeded so well in his effort to drive back the flood of his passion that his life itself seemed to run with it out of his body.
- It swept over him like a flood when he entered the spacious ball-room and gazed upon the dazzling scene before him.
- But this was only the beginning of the growth period, the first trickle of the coming flood of mechanical power.
- They were right in the path of the onrushing flood and would be swept away like so many houses of cards.
- His last conscious glance before the flood overwhelmed him had shown him a number who had not yet reached the higher ground.
- He was silent as an image, but his men roared like a river in flood and he made no effort to check them.
- Eeeetoy said he would escape the flood by getting into the vessel he was making from the gum of the grease bushes or ser-quoy.
- It glided towards the window and with a click and a scrape let in the full flood of light which smote my aching eyeballs painfully.
- As a rule such a remark would have led to a flood of tearful and affectionate reminiscences, but this old lady was laconic.
- I assume that their flood was a real event, but a local one, and the greater part of the people destroyed by it.
- The python was a monstrous serpent which arose from the mud left after the flood in which Deucalion survived.
- The moonlight poured its silver flood upon the floor, and in the distance the forms of a few trees stood out against the dark purple sky.
- As far, in many directions, as the eye could reach the waters spread yellow in the flood of sunshine across the lowlands.
- Even while he lay there, bereft of strength and worn out with struggle, the flood reached its limit, paused a moment and then rushed back.
- The flood film covered a national disaster in which a large section of the West had been inundated, causing immense loss to life and property.
- A fresh flood of questions was upon Helen's lips, but Philippa brushed her away.
- With a flood of high-sounding words, he swore to respect my wish, until I myself changed, which he expected sooner or later from my generous heart.
Definition of Flood
To overflow, as by water from excessive rainfall. | To cover or partly fill as if by a flood. | (figuratively) To provide (someone or something) with a larger number or quantity of something than can easily be dealt with.
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Flood in a sentence
sentence with Flood
Flood used in a sentence
Flood make sentence
make sentence with Flood
make sentence of Flood
Flood sentence in english