Frontiersmen In A Sentence
Short & Simple Example Sentence For Frontiersmen | Frontiersmen Sentence
- By 1650 the frontiersmen had reached the Potomac.
- The Frontiersmen Stand by Chickasaws.
- The Frontiersmen Wish War.
- The Frontiersmen Threaten the Spanish Regions.
- The Frontiersmen Ask Permission to Retaliate.
- Yet to the frontiersmen themselves the life was far from unattractive.
- When the frontiersmen see what is coming, what do they do to escape?
- The life among frontiersmen is apt to unfit a man for other work.
- Protection of the frontiersmen from the Indians, by means of the army.
- At this time the Scotch-Irish frontiersmen suddenly became prominent.
How To Use Frontiersmen In A Sentence?
- The frontiersmen were slinging down their axes and swinging their guns across their shoulders.
- Gathering a strong band of hardy frontiersmen he set out on his dangerous expedition.
- The frontiersmen possessed every advantage of position, of numbers, and of temper.
- The frontiersmen also wished war, and regarded the British and Indians with an equal hatred.
- The Georgia frontiersmen openly showed their sullen hatred of the United States authorities.
- Most of them were rough, stern frontiersmen from the Amoskeag Falls, skilled in Indian fighting.
- The planters and frontiersmen sprang to arms and began to form a combination against these dangerous enemies.
- The retreat was crowded with frontiersmen and traders, among whom he recognized many acquaintances.
- The perfection of fighting capacity to which he had brought his forces caused much talk among the frontiersmen themselves.
- Madison himself evidently saw nothing out of the way in this twofold motive of the frontiersmen for wishing the presence of an army.
- But neither the white frontiersmen nor their red antagonists possessed "philosophic minds.
- They continued at a fair pace along a trail that frontiersmen far less skillful than they could have followed.
- But in the autumn there were a few depredations, which led the frontiersmen to believe that the whole invasion would begin again.
- I don't say that there's not many frontiersmen who know the way of the woods as well as the redskins.
- There was a good moonlight, but the watch was doubled, the most experienced frontiersmen being posted as sentinels.
- The men who remained with Bacon were nearly all frontiersmen who had suffered more or less from the savages.
- Once there he placed himself at the head of his army of enraged frontiersmen and marched rapidly on Jamestown.
- The frontiersmen did not molest them in any way or trespass upon their lands; yet their ravages continued without cessation.
- With the intoxicating odor of victory still in their nostrils, the hardy frontiersmen were as willing as ever for another combat.
- For long we lacked, it is true, that new breed of frontiersmen born in after years beyond the mountains.
- There was a few old frontiersmen like myself among 'em who did their best to stir 'em up, but it was no manner of good.
- In the Southwest almost all that the Administration did was to prohibit the frontiersmen from protecting themselves.
- Some of the greatest frontiersmen of the latter 'sixties and the 'seventies were trained in this service, either as pony riders or station men.
- To the great camp-meetings the frontiersmen flocked from far and near, on foot, on horseback, and in wagons.
- While in the actual presence of the Indians the stern necessities of border warfare forced the frontiersmen into a certain semblance of discipline.
- No one but a man of great tact and firmness could have preserved as much order among the frontiersmen as Blount preserved.
- Even the frontiersmen themselves put second to this the right to people the vast continent which lay between the Pacific and the Mississippi.
- In one case, four frontiersmen dressed and painted themselves like Indians prior to starting on a foray to avenge the murder of a neighbor.
- Those first frontiersmen had still a touch of the timidity of the Old World in their blood: they lacked the frontier heart.
- It was greatly to the interest of the frontiersmen that their demands should be gratified, while other citizens had no very concrete concern in the matter one way or the other.
Definition of Frontiersmen
plural of frontiersman
What other website visitors are viewing?
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Frontiersmen in a sentence
sentence with Frontiersmen
Frontiersmen used in a sentence
Frontiersmen make sentence
make sentence with Frontiersmen
make sentence of Frontiersmen
Frontiersmen sentence in english