Short & Simple Example Sentence For Gasps | Gasps Sentence
- Joan handled them all with gasps of reverence.
- Why these despairing gasps of the dying?
- I could hear gasps in the audience.
- Her words became snarled under her gasps of breath.
- Together they drew back with gasps of surprise and anger.
- Those loud hoarse gasps . . .
- But the weasel gave three gasps and fell back quite dead.
- But the other shrunk away from it with little gasps and cries.
- Now and then as we passed we could hear little gasps of happiness.
- These words were sobbed forth in broken gasps from the depth of his heart.
- The one more was longer and stronger, and turned the gasps into semi-groans.
- A moment later his eyes closed; the gasps became slower and slower.
- On a hot night in the summer time Tottenham gasps in the streets.
- Fortunato's sobs and gasps redoubled as Falcone kept his lynx-eyes upon him.
How To Use Gasps In A Sentence?
- His breath came in gasps and cold drops of perspiration were visible upon his forehead.
- She got up slowly and with little tentative gasps and cries stamped her prickled feet.
- She reads it and, as she does, gasps quickly with an exclamation of fear and surprise.
- The men were silent, except for the occasional gasps which came from their laboring lungs.
- The pressure almost finished me, but a few gasps cleared my lungs of water, and that helped some.
- Imitating him, she stood leaning on her sword, making futile gasps after her lost breath.
- One gasps in reading of a pirate who descended on Capri with a fleet of 150 sail!
- A chorus of breathless gasps and frightened screams came from the crowd but Polly heard them not.
- She spoke in short gasps that were strangely like sobs, but Julie ignored them.
- Pinkey's breath was coming in gasps and his colour had faded with the terrible jar of it all.
- His shouts for help were choked gasps and the strength he had put forth in the beginning of the struggle was waning.
- He saw that her breath came and went in short quick gasps and that in her strained eyes was the light of unshed tears.
- As her breath began to come in gasps she was half tempted to stop and let the other two girls give the alarm.
- He heard the grunting and gasps of his own warriors and the clash of bodies and weapons around him....
- The reply, uttered in gasps and jerks of terror and with spasmodic sobs filled me in my turn with consternation.
- Our visitor was so excited that he could hardly articulate, but at last in gasps and bursts his tragic story came out of him.
- Her eyes were shining, her cheeks were crimson and her breath coming in kind of broken gasps as though she were frightened.
- The poor girl was sitting up, clutching her stomach and rocking back and forth and fighting for her breath with gasps and crows.
- Sharp gasps came from beneath the flung-up left arm, through teeth that were clenched over a white jersey sleeve.
- About them, bowed figures that breathed in stertorous gasps grappled desperately with the grinding, smashing timber.
- Here he sat, smiling maliciously, as the poor impresario mopped his forehead and fetched up deep gasps of breath.
- Gradually, as he spoke, his arms had clasped round her, his passionate whispers came in short gasps to her ear.
- The young faces are all hot and streaming, quick breaths come in short, panting gasps from these young chests.
- Wild, inarticulate screams of rage attested the delivery of the blows; groans, grunts and gasps their receipt.
- The crowd in the medicine lodge now pressed forward, uttering short gasps of excitement, but the guards kept them back from the ropes.
- An inarticulate sob of relief broke from Marta's throat, followed by quick gasps of breath.
Definition of Gasps
Third-person singular simple present indicative form of gasp | plural of gasp
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Gasps in a sentence
sentence with Gasps
Gasps used in a sentence
Gasps make sentence
make sentence with Gasps
make sentence of Gasps
Gasps sentence in english