Definition of Hefty Heavy, weighing a lot. | Heavy, strong, vigorous, mighty, impressive. | Strong, bulky.
How to use Hefty in Sentences?
- 1. Rose got whiter and whiter, and thinned till she was about as hefty as a shadda. 🔊
- 2. There used to be some very pretty scraps in the mornings, and some very hefty slogging matches. 🔊
- 3. Murray always cut him out; Frank was a big hefty lad and the girls like the beefy manly boy. 🔊
- 4. And it's maintaining the hefty computerized files on anyone who ever threatened the President's life. 🔊
- 5. I happened to be waiting for just that, so I managed to attach myself to his wrist with some vim and give it a fairly hefty wrench. 🔊
- 6. One o' them hefty chunks o' lumber would knock a hole in us below the water-line before you could say 'knife'. 🔊
- 7. Had it been daylight one would have noticed a line of hefty posts supporting a cable-system that ran up hill and down dale almost as far as the eye could reach. 🔊