Short & Simple Example Sentence For Heresy | Heresy Sentence
- It would have been flat heresy to do so.
- Without heresy there could have been no progress.
- And what does a trial for heresy mean?
- This heresy must be exorcised now and forever.
- No thought, no progress, no heresy there.
- He was the last man burned for heresy in England.
- The first to charge him with heresy was Bishop Brask.
- That's the most ghastly heresy of all.
- The heresy of the stylelessness is considerably older than that.
- I hold a peculiar heresy as to the use hereafter of what we learn here.
- When he had power, heresy was the most terrible and formidable of words.
- For heresy can never be kept off by force; another grip is wanted for that.
- They believed that religion was of God, and all heresy of the devil.
- For Khunaten, and his heresy of the disk in Thebes, see Brugsch, op.
How To Use Heresy In A Sentence?
- This surely was the heresy of an inquisitive mind, not the mood of a theologian.
- I am well aware that it sounds something little short of a heresy to make this declaration.
- As early as 1845, he was tried for heresy in this country, and acquitted.
- The rapid spread of heresy throughout the churches is creating genuine dismay in many quarters.
- They are the dead leaves under the majestic palm, while heresy is the bud and blossom at the top.
- This heresy penetrates even into universities; it is found in books of orthodox economy.
- The blame of heresy and witchcraft was cast on Joan, and on her king as an accomplice.
- He had openly boasted at the Vatican that the Greek heresy would soon vanish from Czernova.
- This is the natural consequence of the great fundamental heresy which places reason and revelation in opposition to each other.
- He detested all rebellion from the spiritual authority of the popes; he hated both heresy and schism.
- Against such a truth, defended with such bulwarks, both infidelity and heresy dash themselves with impotent rage in vain.
- My medical brethren considered the scheme only as they would consider an invasion of smallpox or a heresy whose methods were a danger to life.
- Perhaps it is not quite fair to call it the heresy of stylelessness: it would be more accurate to describe it as the heresy of style without pains.
- And so heresy was converted into orthodoxy by the magical power of an emperor at the expense of the infallibility of Vigilius.
- And this may indeed be termed the first heresy in that it struck its roots right up into Apostolic times.
- The heresy was worse than Antinomian that would cavil at feelings allowed by common consent to be divinely delicious.
- For, dangerous as the heresy of style was forty or fifty years ago, the newer heresy of sylelessness is more dangerous still.
- Of course that ancient heresy has long ceased to trouble; there are none now who deny that Jesus was a man.
- But her employer never permitted such a thought to enter her own mind; it seemed almost as unthinkable as a heresy against her Faith.
- The heresy of Pelagius, and the countless forms of kindred errors, would not have infested human thought.
- And we firmly deny and contradict, one and all of us, all manner of heresy and evil doings, contrary to the faith of holy church.
- To name him beside or above Wordsworth, the great consecrated bard of his period, is certainly a heresy of no small order.
- I would therefore suggest the establishment of the Holy Inquisition, by which alone heresy can be rooted out.
- I have just had from Johannes Magni a letter on exterminating heresy which fills my soul with joy....
- I grieve, however, to tell you that the heresy which had its birth in Germany has spread its branches across this kingdom....
- If either Erasmus or I ever build a house of our own we shall eschew the hardwood-floor heresy as we would a pest.
Definition of Heresy
(religion) A doctrine held by a member of a religion at variance with established religious beliefs, especially dissension from Roman Catholic dogma. | A controversial or unorthodox opinion held by a member of a group, as in politics, philosophy or science.
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Heresy in a sentence
sentence with Heresy
Heresy used in a sentence
Heresy make sentence
make sentence with Heresy
make sentence of Heresy
Heresy sentence in english