Short & Simple Example Sentence For Horsepower | Horsepower Sentence
- An electric motor of 8-1/2 horsepower drove the propeller.
- This would require a 1-1/4 horsepower gasoline engine.
- In this instance, the actual horsepower would then be 7.2.
- The best her forty horsepower could do was to ease the strain.
- This animal horsepower isn't a very efficient horsepower.
- The term horsepower is a meaningless quantity; it is not a horsepower at all.
- But let us take five horsepower as a desirable minimum in this instance.
- As before, there were two cars, with an 80 horsepower motor in each.
How To Use Horsepower In A Sentence?
- It always will with that cranky speed boat and the big horsepower motor it carries.
- Those at the front early in 1918 were equipped with a 110 horsepower Clerget rotary engine.
- A gasoline, gas, or oil engine, or a windmill of 1-1/2 horsepower furnishes all the power needed.
- This five horsepower engine is installed in the milk room of the dairy, and is belted to a countershaft.
- The mere fact that the generator is of 110 electrical horsepower capacity does not require a turbine of 20 horsepower.
- Five thousand cubic feet of water a minute would give approximately 14 actual horsepower under such a head.
- For the larger operations, motors will vary from three horsepower for cutting ensilage, to fifteen horsepower for threshing.
- One hundred horsepower is a very small water project, in a commercial way; and there are thousands of farms possessing streams of this capacity.
- An electrical horsepower or two one way or another will not greatly change the first cost, and you will always find use for any excess.
- Thus, for a quarter-load, an average engine of this type may require three pints of gasoline for each horsepower hour.
- It will require, when operated at from one-half load to full load, approximately one pint of gasoline to each horsepower hour.
- Thus he could secure 35 horsepower with only a 3-foot head, providing his water supply is equal to the draft of 8,300 cubic feet a minute.
- Burn a pint of gasoline, with 14 pounds of air, in a gasoline engine, and the engine will supply one 33,000-pound horsepower for an hour.
- Small armored nacelles at either side of the fuselage carried its two 400 horsepower Liberty motors, each turning a separate propeller.
- In effect, it would be suddenly exerting a force of nearly 10,000 horsepower against the little 10 horsepower water wheel that is driving this dynamo.
- The only device in the above list which is connected continuously, is the hot water boiler, and this can be credited with at least one electrical horsepower 24 hours a day.
- A farmer wishes to install a water wheel that will deliver 10 horsepower on the shaft, and he finds his stream delivers 400 cubic feet of water a minute.
- Less than one horsepower of energy will light the farmstead; less than five horsepower of energy will provide light and small power, and take the drudgery out of the kitchen.
Definition of Horsepower
A non-metric unit of power (symbol hp) with various definitions, for different applications. The most common of them is probably the mechanical horsepower, approximately equal to 745.7 watts. | A metric horsepower (symbol often PS from the German abbreviation), approximately equal to 735.5 watts. | Strength
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Horsepower in a sentence
sentence with Horsepower
Horsepower used in a sentence
Horsepower make sentence
make sentence with Horsepower
make sentence of Horsepower
Horsepower sentence in english