Short & Simple Example Sentence For Humble | Humble Sentence
- I just feel humble and chastened.
- You must eat humble pie.
- O wealthy despoilers of humble innocence!
- If not, to eat humble pie.
- But how had the Canoness come under this humble roof?
- Sir, your humble Servant!
- The youth looks humble and manly: I choose him.
- It was these humble observers that brought the knowledge to me.
- Warner's man was a farmer in a cheap and humble way.
- And his other humble friends, too, whom he had vowed never to forsake!
- And the humble Psyekoff was not without some slight share in the matter.
- Which may in time advance my humble state To greater wealth and reputation.
- Too well, my humble prattle never can Have power to entertain so wise a man.
- He would show the world that he could humble Norman Wentworth.
How To Use Humble In A Sentence?
- Brant was of a singularly ambitious disposition and had no humble idea of his own capacities.
- Her ownership ranged from absolute despotism to humble slavery, and he was happy through it all.
- These be indeed humble folk, but with nature and summer walks they make me at home.
- The latter are very humble and compliant to whatever his Lordship should order.
- He looked rather like a big, humble puppy that is about to be shut out of the house at night.
- Mr. Byrne, very pale and weak, stepped into the boat which carried the body of his humble friend.
- I question whether he will have very many humble Servants left, when his Uncle dies.
- I owe the happiest part of my life to the time Frau Luise spent beneath this humble roof.
- Thus the little moments, Humble though they be, Make the mighty ages Of eternity.
- Now, in this contest of arms, it is our humble opinion that each party gets the better of the other.
- He may have degenerated from perfection, or from a humble kind of harmless simplicity, into savagery.
- Virtue ennobles blood, and a virtuous person of humble birth is more estimable than a vicious person of rank.
- Others, again, were the humble disciples of Kant and Schlegel, of Herbert Spencer and Darwin.
- It is reported of one prince, that his head had the air of leaning downwards, in order not to humble the crowd.
- To work to make things better, even in a humble sphere, was better than to fret over the badness of the world.
- It is hard for men full of courage and fleshly power to understand how the Lord works with such humble instruments.
- Hence, in our humble opinion, the praise which has been lavished on the logic of Spinoza is not deserved.
- I could ask Mary's pardon for it on my knees, and humble myself in the dust before her.
- A lovely girl in mourning is sitting in deep thought waiting for her scholars; on the table is her humble fare, and of that she takes little heed.
- In fact every aviator of the Allied nations, no matter how humble his rank, is treated by his superiors almost as an equal.
- I grovel now on earth, 'tis true, But, raised by her, the humble slave may rise.
- Of all the town she knew nothing but the streets which led to a neighbouring church frequented only by the poorer classes and the humble quarter around, where she did her marketing.
- The more humble have so much less lavish a standard that half a crown will meet their liabilities, or else a sum left to the generosity of the giver.
- Give me the beer, Landlord; I'll drink his health in humble malt, then hasten to visit him.
- The school loathed these humble supporters, and occasionally fastidious juniors would go the length of throwing chunks of mud at them through the railings.
- Not that dialectic is a respecter of names or persons, or a despiser of humble occupations; nor does she think much of the greater or less benefits conferred by them.
Definition of Humble
Not pretentious or magnificent; unpretending; unassuming. | Having a low opinion of oneself; not proud, arrogant, or assuming; modest. | (transitive) Alternative form of hummel.
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Humble in a sentence
sentence with Humble
Humble used in a sentence
Humble make sentence
make sentence with Humble
make sentence of Humble
Humble sentence in english