Definition of Idolize To make an idol of, or to worship as an idol. | To adore excessively; to revere immoderately.
How to use Idolize in Sentences?
- 1. This part of the festival is thoroughly enjoyed by the Eskimo, who idolize their children. 🔊
- 2. The story also illustrates how it was that his men came to idolize him, and why it was that he appealed so strongly to the common people. 🔊
- 3. God is love, but love in the abstract, which receives its incarnation in the mutual affection of two hearts which idolize each other. 🔊
- 4. When the people of the North cease to idolize the Union, they will cease to offer on its altar their rights and their duties. 🔊
- 5. Where, in delirium reeled Our maddened hearts that kneeled To idolize the perfect world, to taste of love at last. 🔊