Definition of Inbred Bred within; innate. | (often derogatory) Having an ancestry characterized by inbreeding. | (genetics) Describing a strain produced through successive generations of inbreeding resulting in a population of genetically identical individuals which are homozygous at all genetic loci.
How to use Inbred in Sentence?
- 1. If these are inbred half of the daughters are black and half are barred; all of the sons are barred. 🔊
- 2. If these hybrids are inbred there is a continuous series of individuals, sooties, intermediates and ebonies. 🔊
- 3. As this highly moldable family is inbred and shaped into more and more exaggerated forms, it weakens and loses the ability to forage. 🔊
- 4. Then we have the deeper inbred differences of language and ancestry among us, our population being made up of the lineage of all nations. 🔊
- 5. They told of an outdoor life, of a good horse, and a light canoe, and the inbred love of trees and sky and running water. 🔊
- 6. For, with the inbred and lethal instinct of a Theolog he was put upon the trail of a brother Theolog to bring in his scalp. 🔊