Definition of Intelligibly
In an intelligible manner.
How to use Intelligibly in Sentences?
- 1. I found myself almost lost as to how to talk intelligibly to the doctors and patients. 🔊
- 2. It is a judgement which is, and which can intelligibly be, made by people of all religions or of none. 🔊
- 3. An instinctive antagonism that neither could have explained intelligibly would have been evident to any shrewd listener. 🔊
- 4. He had written hardly intelligibly for the last three years; and at present could not write at all. 🔊
- 5. It is in terms of the individual, and of the individual only, that the value of life can at first be intelligibly stated. 🔊
- 6. We neither remember nor care anything for the past, except as the poet has made it intelligibly noble and sublime to our comprehension. 🔊
- 7. Thus, by talking out of season, the foolish giant expended an incalculable quantity of breath to no purpose; for the thunder spoke quite as intelligibly as he. 🔊
- 8. I have always been at a loss to understand how boys who have been studying a language for nine or ten years should leave school perfectly unable to converse intelligibly in that language for five minutes together. 🔊
- 9. Why should one waste a lot of time, he had thought, and be bored during the wasting, by studying grammar if one could already talk intelligibly to people? 🔊