Short & Simple Example Sentence For Ironical | Ironical Sentence
- Banfi rode up to the group with an ironical smile.
- His voice fell to an ironical murmur.
- The five disregarded the ironical tone in his voice.
- The men replied with a burst of ironical laughter.
- An ironical light possessed his discolored eyes.
- Alvarez again burst into a laugh, ironical and taunting.
- The mason gave her an ironical look full of meaning.
- Rupert and I looked at each other in an ironical silence.
- Yet was there something ironical in the very humility of some?
- This gave the signal for a tumult of ironical laughter and hisses.
- Violet said nothing after her little ironical protest about the poor.
- His gray eyes suddenly fixed and held the ironical eyes of the other.
- The scoundrel waved his hand in ironical adieu, and continued his course.
- Cosmo Versal looked at his questioner with an ironical smile.
- Again was that ironical challenge in Kate's eyes.
- Seldom has fate been more ironical than in its treatment of Dr. McLoughlin.
- Its ironical force answers to Terence's "probe curasti.
- Mr. Fyles," she added, in her ironical fashion as she picked up her sewing.
How To Use Ironical In A Sentence?
- Sally leaned against it watching him with an assumption of ironical admiration.
- The ironical humour which flashed like a sharp light over his countenance played with the idea.
- He still carried himself, for all his ironical comment, like an ambassador of the romantic school.
- In repeating these statistics he reproduced with an ironical exactness the tone of self-congratulation of the pharmacist.
- A slight mustache and pointed beard partly concealed the ironical smile that played on his passionate lips.
- The name is of ironical association, for the constitution which it framed after much travail endured for no more than a few months.
- He might whistle and laugh and get off one of those ironical and contemptuous utterances about society of which he seemed fond.
- He raised his hat with ironical politeness, and resumed his walk along the beach, humming as before.
- Katharine looked at him, and perceiving that his solicitude was genuine, she laughed again, but with an ironical note in her laughter.
- Its banks became high and narrow, and it went whirling away with a sound that seemed to my ears like a burst of ironical laughter.
- He paid his compliments in a tone tinged with irony, all the while watching her with a penetrating, inquiring, ironical eye.
- But she decided to put off this ironical blow until a more opportune time, when Archie was nagging her for money.
- The old man was trying to analyze the sad and ironical smile with which Simoun had received the news that he was to be arrested.
- Juliet followed him to the hall, where she was greeted, as usual, with sharp reproaches, conveyed through ironical compliments.
- It was the question the strange woman had put to him in the Square, and ironical mirth seized the young man as he remembered.
- Haldane looked at his daughter, and then across at me, and, while slightly ironical good-humor was stamped on his face, it was a mask.
- Was the tenderness in his glance only an ironical comment on the ignominious end of her Hundred Days?
- In fact they had taken away a French soldier, bareheaded, who looked about him with a profoundly ironical air.
- He must, for a time at least, accept the position, however ironical it seemed; but he felt himself an impostor and a fraud.
- As may be well supposed, his friend listened to his account of his interview with Zicci with a half-suppressed and ironical smile.
- Weissmann replied, in ironical phrase: "Hearing in civilized man is vague and indefinite.
- But more ironical still was the apparent attachment between Evan's old girl and Perry.
Definition of Ironical
Characterized by or constituting (any kind of) irony. | Given to the use of irony; sarcastic. | (obsolete) Feigning ignorance; simulating lack of instruction or knowledge; exhibiting Socratic irony.
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Ironical in a sentence
sentence with Ironical
Ironical used in a sentence
Ironical make sentence
make sentence with Ironical
make sentence of Ironical
Ironical sentence in english