Short & Simple Example Sentence For Lofty | Lofty Sentence
- As o'er the lofty city-walls they fly.
- But marriage is not the only lofty undertaking attended by petty miseries.
- Only a slender feather of grey steam now issues from the lofty crater.
- Once on a time, when out with his gun, he espied a raccoon on a lofty tree.
- The tiny, delicate figure seemed almost lost in the lofty arched room.
- He traversed endless galleries, no end of lofty halls, innumerable doors.
- Oft pealed for him a lofty tone From nodding pole and belting zone.
- O that before the lofty spirit's might, Enraptured, I had rendered up my soul!
- Thou, 'mongst the sons of earth, Lofty and mighty one, Build it once more!
How To Use Lofty In A Sentence?
- All at once the light which streamed through the lofty windows began to move and glisten.
- Now she wondered suddenly to what she and her father owed this comfortable sense of lofty destiny.
- The islands were covered with a lofty growth of living timber clothed in the deepest green.
- It was miles in extent, and was a tangled wilderness of narrow and lofty clefts and passages.
- As the peeling notes swelled through the lofty aisles, he seemed to kindle up with fervor.
- In the centre of the room a lofty red velvet couch rests on four gold griffins with amethyst eyes.
- True, it was not a very lofty policy, nor was it by any means generally approved in America.
- You build your nest in the lofty pine, But is your slumber more sweet than mine?
- My feet now bear me not so lightly as of yore, When up the lofty steps I, as a child, have sprung.
- I wish I were an elm tree, A great, lofty elm tree with green leaves gay!
- No one yet has written a biography of him that does full justice to his great abilities and lofty character.
- Her strange mystic faith and lofty courage seemed to have spread through the ranks of the chosen few who were to attend her.
- Soon he reached a lofty mountain, and he made up his mind to climb it and see what was going on at the other side.
- So he selected a lofty peak that shot up from a range of mountains, and commenced travelling up its steep acclivities.
- The Cockaynes found themselves borne by the endless stream of customers into a vast and lofty gallery.
- Their room at the hotel was a lofty one, but it commanded the whole beach and afforded an unobstructed view of the sea for miles.
- His sentiments were as pure and lofty as her own; his person was as attractive as that of any hero of romance; and his passion was deep and true.
- Its conical turret roofs and lofty chimneys, and its flashing finials and girouettes make a brave show above the forest trees.
- Round about the walls gleam hundreds of torches; but the ceiling is so lofty that it is invisible, the light of the torches never reaches it.
- From the rising to the setting of the sun he stood upon a lofty rock, preaching to the people, who received his words as those of a superior being.
- With the money he made out of it, he reared a rather lofty mansion, which was promptly christened the Lighthouse.
- And in the waving luxuriant grain they delighted together: Almost as high it reached as the lofty shapes that moved through it.
- His wife was sitting on a lofty throne of gold and diamonds; she wore a golden crown, and carried in one hand a scepter of pure gold.
- Shady and covered the way through the lofty middlemost alley, Which upon steps that were made of unhewn blocks you ascended.
- The three entered the new market, an immense red-brick square with a smooth, cemented floor, and a lofty roof on steel girders.
- His lofty moral idealism seemed for a moment to dominate the brutal passions which had torn the Old World asunder.
- The lofty peak of the Goenoeng Api still smoulders, although the main crater is supposed to be extinct.
- There was something at once both lofty and ludicrous in the rhapsody of this robber chief, thus associating himself with one of the great names of antiquity.
- The Irish gentleman opened the door for us, staring with a half-puzzled, half-amused look at the lofty air with which the young lady passed out.
- In the same lofty spirit, he refused to receive any advantages from a bill exempting the soldiers of the militia from prosecution for acts committed in the service.
- Rich reliquary Of lofty contemplation left to Time By bunted centuries of pomp and power!
Definition of Lofty
high, tall, having great height or stature | idealistic, implying over-optimism | extremely proud; arrogant; haughty
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Lofty in a sentence
sentence with Lofty
Lofty used in a sentence
Lofty make sentence
make sentence with Lofty
make sentence of Lofty
Lofty sentence in english