Short & Simple Example Sentence For Martyr | Martyr Sentence
- She was not created to be a martyr to her faith.
- He was a martyr to conjugal love!
- His death was that of a martyr of charity.
- Fred smiled about as comfortably as a martyr on the grid.
- The husband of a woman with the martyr complex.
- Lizaveta Ivanovna was the martyr of the household.
- And make you out the martyr Stephen.
- There was no end to the fun which that poor martyr had to put up with.
- Feisul would rather be a martyr than succeed at his proper business.
- One of the boating men made a martyr of himself and took the mother.
- Bob took the banjo with the air of a martyr and tuned it skilfully.
- Forgive me, martyr to another's cause!
- Every martyr for the truth was a torch bearer, whose light was extinguished.
- In the ivy's paler blaze the martyr oak stands mute.
- She was regarded throughout the South as a martyr to its cause.
- The Third Age Of The Martyr Church.
- Every drop of blood of a Christian martyr is a stone in the work.
- The First Age Of The Martyr Church.
- The Second Age Of The Martyr Church.
- And bright with many an angel, And all the martyr throng.
- Si leurs lances me tuent, je meurs en martyr pour la vraie foi.
- Mr O'Connell is at last the martyr of his own success.
- So for the Nationalists of Bengal he became a martyr and a hero.
- Some authorities still insist that the Martyr Spy was hanged in this park.
- No one knew the spirit of the martyr more thoroughly than St. Paul.
- The martyrdom of the holy and glorious first Martyr and Apostle Thecla.
- Was he grander in death--a sublimer martyr than Bruno?
How To Use Martyr In A Sentence?
- The martyr was now free, and her tormentor was forced to quit the house a beggar.
- He lasted only three days and expired peacefully, a martyr to his sacred calling.
- His was the face of a Christian martyr relinquishing life for a good but hopeless cause.
- Fraud that I am, I have the honor; he, the martyr to his loyalty, has the shame.
- In Earl Thomas (1467) the Irish saw the first "foreigner" to be the martyr of their cause.
- But she had not expected to enter the arena with him and defend the martyr thrown to the wild beast of marital savagery.
- Elected thereupon to succeed a martyr as bishop, he crowned an episcopate of twenty-five years with a similar martyrdom.
- Cynthy was a saint, a martyr to religious feeling, a medieval nun in her ascetic eschewing of the pleasures of life.
- The lad had a sharp tussle with himself, and at last started back up the hill with the feelings of a most unwilling martyr going to the stake.
- The modern martyr of the Pankhurst type courts the absurdity without making the suffering strong enough to eclipse the absurdity.
- Then he would have been the martyr of penitence, and that very day he would have been with Christ in Paradise.
- It ought to have cured me of my passion for poetry; but it only confirmed it, for I felt the spirit of a martyr rising within me.
- The faith of a martyr the tragedy showed, As he trod the last stage; as he trod the last stage.
Definition of Martyr
(transitive) To make someone into a martyr by putting him or her to death for adhering to, or acting in accordance with, some belief, especially religious; to sacrifice on account of faith or profession. | (transitive) To persecute. | (transitive) To torment; to torture.
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Martyr in a sentence
sentence with Martyr
Martyr used in a sentence
Martyr make sentence
make sentence with Martyr
make sentence of Martyr
Martyr sentence in english