Short & Simple Example Sentence For Modern | Modern Sentence
- Lilieuthal was the fountain head of modern aviation.
- I was also intensely interested in modern warfare.
- It is a pretty modern town, in a charming situation.
- The modern "people" did not exist.
- Damn it, now, how like a modern man of the world that is!
- The ancestry of modern Amphibia: a review of the evidence.
- The modern spirit means, I suppose, a breathless vitality.
- The Culture demanded by Modern Life.
- What a treasure they would have been for a modern chatelaine!
- There are hordes of such men as he throughout all the modern industrial world.
- As a poet he stands high, even judged by a modern standard.
- Browning, to cite a more modern author, affords many striking examples.
- So far as I can discover, the prejudice against color is of modern origin.
- Even the modern girl that we know isn't in the best possible taste.
- If ever there was a modern version of St. Dorothy's roses it was there.
How To Use Modern In A Sentence?
- The electrode plates of nearly all modern transmitters are of specially treated carbon.
- I enjoyed rubbing my modern and desultory reading against their old-fashioned but solid knowledge.
- There has, in fact, been a great change made in modern times in matters of dress.
- Such a woman would make a capital heroine for a modern novel; she would stand a lot of analyzing.
- In the name of Liberty some of the most precious art-work of modern days has been fired.
- But the Spanish fleet was protected by land batteries and forts armed with modern guns.
- Paris has been compared to ancient Athens; it may be compared with modern London.
- He has no more notion, my dear Tom, of a modern "good match," than Eve had of pin money.
- I always look back with particular exasperation to the cessation of our modern history at the year 1815.
- Yet modern practice provides opportunities for a telephone system to inflict damage upon itself in that way.
- Obviously the result would be the same if the magnet were stationary and the coils should rotate, which is the construction of more modern devices.
- Speaking generally modern machines represent as a rule detail improvements rather than the complete changes of the past.
- It had been added to, here and there, as modern wants and improvements had made expansion necessary.
- But there is a difficulty in separating the germ from the flower, or in drawing the line which divides ancient from modern philosophy.
- Beyond the fine old hall he saw the formal drawing-room and the modern octagonal dining-room at the back of the house.
- But our modern world is burthened with its sense of the immense, now half articulate, significance of women.
- In modern language they might be said to come first in the order of experience, last in the order of nature and reason.
- I was delighted to observe how much a knowledge of Latin facilitated the acquisition of the modern tongue.
- No state papers of modern times outrival Grey's diplomatic correspondence on the eve of the war.
- Spinoza, who had but few followers during his lifetime, has been almost idolized by the most celebrated savants of modern Germany.
- The battle which followed, on September 7th, was one of the most obstinate and sanguinary of modern times.
- It was in that old study I so well remember, ere it was renovated to meet the demands of modern taste.
- My husband was much interested, and declared the railroad across the Alps one of the finest works of modern engineering.
- This roof, built "after the fire," is a modern invention, designed for the torture of whoever lives underneath.
- I account him one of the real creators of the modern German navy, second only to von Tirpitz himself.
Definition of Modern
Pertaining to a current or recent time and style; not ancient. | (historical) Pertaining to the modern period (c.1800 to contemporary times), particularly in academic historiography. | Someone who lives in modern times.
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Modern in a sentence
sentence with Modern
Modern used in a sentence
Modern make sentence
make sentence with Modern
make sentence of Modern
Modern sentence in english