Short & Simple Example Sentence For Passive | Passive Sentence
- Is the mind passive in this act?
- They are passive states of the intellect.
- His wife was roused too and was a passive listener.
- She would be no longer a passive agent.
- She had remained a passive spectator of all that occurred.
- But they are horribly cruel in a passive way.
- She used to preside over passive rolls of grey and blue.
- Let us be passive and receptive, my friends.
- Perhaps it was rather a passive jealousy which he mistook for hatred.
- But riches do not in all cases secure even an inert and passive resistance.
- As a rule, avoid making one passive depend directly upon another.
How To Use Passive In A Sentence?
- She was entirely misled by the passive manner in which he permitted her to withdraw from him.
- Gertrude had been sipping admiration and was not disposed to play a passive part in the talk.
- The mental faculties and the moral perceptions lie down together in the same passive sleep.
- Her very silence clutched at his heart, and her passive hand-touch as they parted.
- With one, the active phase is the whole; with the other, the passive impression is the whole.
- The sight of her nurse, passive in despair, restored to the girl a portion of her previous spirit.
- The first Renaissance took us from the position of passive recipient to active interpreter.
- The passive verb adheres to the person of the patient; as, hel and death are conquered be Christ.
- So Mrs. Desmond was taking not only a passive but an active interest in her affairs!
- But in every such instance he confounds the will with one of the passive susceptibilities of the mind.
- Mere passive reading may do no more good than the stream does to the iron pipe through which it flows.
- If this act had been produced in us by a necessitating cause, would not the mind have been passive in it?
- Every state of the sensibility is a passive impression, a necessitated phenomenon of the human mind.
- Unlike the other theories, that one assumes as the motive force not merely passive imitativeness but an outgoing will.
- The nature of the day sapped the power of spirit from everyone, and they all were vulnerable and passive like sheep.
- He must find the freedom of the soul then, if he find it at all, in one of its passive susceptibilities.
- They have a sort of vague impression that the passive are always imposed on, and certainly they rarely place themselves in that category.
- In other words, would it not have been a passive impression, and not an act, not an effort of the mind at all?
- We said that being was an active or passive energy, arising out of a certain power which proceeds from elements meeting with one another.
- His attitude of mind, which was passive but critical, had developed the faculties of observation rather than the habits of action.
- In both the examples above, before correction, the word properly related to the second passive is made the subject of the first.
- Though she could exercise when she chose a strangely passive attraction, her charm usually failed in the end for lack of intelligent guidance.
- On my left another field in the same state of passive preparation, and on my right a side view of the Ocean.
- The inner half of the wing is the passive part of the organ, while the external half, that which strikes the air, is the active part.
- We admit that every passive impression is caused; but the question is, Can the mind be caused to act?
- Weeks passed before we could thoroughly reconcile our own feelings to the passive toleration, or apparent apathy, of the Government.
- We achieved an effect of rather stuffy comfortableness that was soporific, and in a passive way I think she found these among her happy times.
- Now, as we are wholly passive in the reception of life, so it may be wholly conferred upon us by the power and agency of God.
- Courtlandt was not in the most amiable condition of mind, and a hint of the ribald would have instantly transformed a passive anger into a blind fury.
Definition of Passive
Being subjected to an action without producing a reaction. | Taking no action. | (grammar) Being in the passive voice.
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Passive in a sentence
sentence with Passive
Passive used in a sentence
Passive make sentence
make sentence with Passive
make sentence of Passive
Passive sentence in english