Short & Simple Example Sentence For Pelted | Pelted Sentence
- He tore off bark and pelted him with it.
- Now travelers are pelted into shelter.
- Wallie picked up a pebble and pelted a robin.
- Stinging gusts of rain pelted their faces.
- They were pelted with rotten eggs, sticks, and stones.
- Reformers are apt to be pelted with epithets quite as ill-chosen.
- It pelted the gray wall with a million particles of mellow fire.
- When they pelted him with controversial questions, he replied with brevity.
- He tried to look up toward the mountain, but the stones pelted him down.
- The sun pelted down upon its bleached, unshaded roof and sides.
- Pete, much chagrined, pelted the stones rapidly at the empty can target.
- On winter days, when snow would pack, we pelted the friendly milkman.
- We pelted on steadily, keeping the cab in sight, through dark mazy streets.
- The great, cold drops pelted down slowly, dismally, and incessantly.
- Poor Toad sprang to his feet and pelted away again, his heart in his mouth.
- Whenever I touched one it pelted me with drops, and I was numbed with cold.
How To Use Pelted In A Sentence?
- And they beat him with their sticks and pelted him with stones and called him names.
- When the bullets of the soldiers pelted into the lodges he lost faith in his own prophecy.
- I told them, when some rowdies pelted them and smashed a hole in their big bass drum.
- Splashes of rain pelted her face, while a gust of wind caused the scow to creak dismally.
- They would soon be pelted and driven away, or snared and confined in a whirling cage.
- The shepherd, out of patience, pelted them with clods of earth; but not one would move.
- The king and his train hastened back to Toledo, pursued and pelted by the tempest.
- All those which she had brought were filled, And still Gervase pelted her from above.
- Jahveh just before stopping the sun, pelted the enemies of Israel with hailstones (Joshua x. 11).
- To our shame he seemed a comic creature and we pelted him with snowballs and ran from his piteous anger.
- The battle-field was strewed with floods of ink, and the literati pelted each other with ferocious lampoons.
- To the confusion of his father and brothers he went about dressed in rags, so that his old companions pelted him with mud.
- They passed the body of a young grouse which, caught in the open and confused, had been pelted to death.
- What were these men whose iron discipline bound so fast that they could be pelted to death, and no eyelash seem to quiver?
- Shortstop got the ball on a low bound, cast a hurried look toward third and pelted it across to first.
- At regular intervals, groups of gaily dressed children waved their pretty flags or playfully pelted him with roses.
- The awful whirlwind was almost upon it, and it was already pelted with showers of sand driven like hail by the storm.
- Beneath the sheltering porticos lurked bright-faced girls who pelted each passer with violets, narcissus, and hyacinths.
- They then, amidst roars of cruel laughter, pelted him with glass bottles till he was cut and gashed in a dreadful manner.
- The shepherd fell into a passion, whistled, scolded, and pelted the poor fleecy amateurs with stones.
- In color she was "claybank," with great blotches of white, as if she had been pelted with small bags of flour.
- A thick haze covered the forests; rain often pelted us; the firmament was an unfathomable depth of grey vapour.
- Hans and I fired some shots, though for all the effect they produced, we might as well have pelted a breaker with pebbles.
- It was a horrid sort of nightmare, for they pelted him with iron-bound copies of Valdez, knocking him almost senseless into the mud.
Definition of Pelted
(in combination) Having a specified kind of pelt. | simple past tense and past participle of pelt
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Pelted in a sentence
sentence with Pelted
Pelted used in a sentence
Pelted make sentence
make sentence with Pelted
make sentence of Pelted
Pelted sentence in english