Definition of Perfunctorily In a perfunctory manner, without interest or concern for quality.
Short Example Sentences for Perfunctorily
- 1. This work cannot be done perfunctorily or professionally. 🔊
- 2. He turned perfunctorily to see who it might be. 🔊
- 3. They touched hands perfunctorily and parted. 🔊
- 4. I glanced at the pink tips of her fingers perfunctorily and then drew back. 🔊
- 5. Mary Lyster, who had been perfunctorily looking at a book, laid it down. 🔊
- 6. God bless you!" with which the girl perfunctorily addressed her. 🔊
How to use Perfunctorily in Sentences?
- 1. They greeted him perfunctorily and would have walked on had he not seemed in a mood to talk. 🔊
- 2. She set the child back upon the cushion, and arranged her perfunctorily in position there. 🔊
- 3. Jimmy shook hands perfunctorily with his father and turned to Bartley, expectancy in his gaze. 🔊
- 4. There are also numerous instances where legislatures while perfunctorily heeding the letter of the constitution consciously violate its spirit and evade its requirements. 🔊
- 5. As she nibbled the hot biscuit, upon which she had daintily spread a bit of butter, she allowed her glance to rove perfunctorily over the three plates beyond her own. 🔊
- 6. The framework of the book is purely Persian perfunctorily Arabised, the archetype being the Hazar Afsanah. 🔊