Short & Simple Example Sentence For Placid | Placid Sentence
- His placid front revealed the philosopher.
- His feelings were placid and complacent as usual.
- The sunshine sparkled on the placid bosom of the water.
- Thy placid eyes give wounds more deep and sore.
- Are pools glad to lie placid refracting the sunshine?
- Duke lifted his placid but observant eyes, and smiled.
- Sir William had begun to wear his usual placid look.
- There's somewhere a placid sea.
- Such joys as the placid little pleasure-haunt had to offer were not for him.
- But the waters had subsided and now lay in deep, placid pools.
- Nevertheless the Dobelle family smoked on in placid contentment.
- The Charles is so placid and blue that it resembles a line of the sky.
- The Chief found him quite placid under the rapid fire of his questions.
- Something like this was the scheme of the cautious, acute, and placid Gammon.
- Whether around them roll the mighty sea, Or a lake's placid waves.
How To Use Placid In A Sentence?
- He had always been so meek and placid before that what he did then was a surprise to me.
- His placid face lit up with the smile that always shone there when his son appeared.
- Then it always came back, with an inward flooding she had scarcely felt even in her placid youth.
- One placid afternoon, a quick thought assailed her, and stained her cheek with crimson.
- The placid green slopes of the fort give an impression of secret strength, even grandeur.
- It was a black horse indeed, but a work horse, a slow placid beast which we had substituted.
- She relapsed into a placid silence, looking at Rorie thoughtfully with her calm blue eyes.
- The sight of the old man, bending over the last, with his simple, placid face, annoyed him.
- But Mrs. Merrill had her own views, which she kept concealed behind her pretty, placid exterior.
- Then suddenly into her placid face blazed an astonishing flame of passion that vanished again as quickly as it came.
- Nor did he allow the little worries of life to interfere in the least with the calm enjoyment of his placid existence.
- From the brooding timber the owl sends his call of despair across acres of friendly fields placid in the dew.
- There are some bent white heads, there is some placid middle-age, a little youth to brighten to the sunshine.
- The placid stillness of the evening seemed to carry its echo along the dusky garden bowers, out upon the water flowing down below.
- This, she always explained with a placid smile, was owing to the fact that they were busy looking for a house where they could settle down.
- The impression of having received a shock, however, did remain with her, and made her as resentful as was possible to her placid nature.
- These falls constitute a beautiful cascade, and their roar may be heard of a calm, summer evening, for miles out on the placid water.
- The Shohos regard one with placid indifference, and you must push your horse into a thorn-thicket or up a rock to get out of their way.
- The tidal water, now near the lowest ebb, was placid as a lake, and on its surface disported flocks of many varieties of wild fowl.
- The placid sphinxes, brooding o'er the Nile, disappeared with that wild shriek of the donkey boys.
- Here and there upon the placid water floated troops of wildfowl; and high in the air hung a fishing-eagle or two, keenly intent upon sport beneath.
- It passed, however, and the pair went on smoking with placid contentment, for they had but recently had a "square" meal of pemmican and flour.
- Finally he was close enough to see the placid look of benevolence with which his cow was regarding him and success seemed about to reward his efforts.
- His works are highly valued, and some critics prefer them to the more placid pictures of Willem van de Velde.
- I meander, like a desultory, placid river of an old bachelor as I am, through the flowery mead of several nurseries.
Definition of Placid
calm and quiet; peaceful; tranquil
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Placid in a sentence
sentence with Placid
Placid used in a sentence
Placid make sentence
make sentence with Placid
make sentence of Placid
Placid sentence in english