Definition of Polishes Third-person singular simple present indicative form of polish | plural of polish
How to use Polishes in Sentence?
- 1. Years and the moving forces of life had polished him as running water polishes a stone. 🔊
- 2. Then he ducks his head into the horse trough and polishes the back of his neck with a bar of yellow soap. 🔊
- 3. He rubbed the fruit along his coat sleeve, as if to make it shine, as a fruiterer polishes the apples in his stall. 🔊
- 4. This searching, chafing pressure, in connection with the hot-water jets, soon cleans and polishes the most obstinate among the kettles. 🔊
- 5. While Mime quietly mixes his potion, Siegfried fastens the hilt to his blade and polishes the sword. 🔊
- 6. You do not derive much nourishment from stale celery, but eating at it polishes the teeth and provides a healthful form of exercise that gives you an appetite for the rest of the meal. 🔊