Short & Simple Example Sentence For Posterity | Posterity Sentence
- The same question is still put to the posterity of Thor.
- The posterity of Adam soon forgot God.
- My name will be handed down to posterity as that of a universal benefactor.
- Never forget that posterity will sit in judgment on princes.
- The love of posterity is a consequence of the necessity of death.
- Hence it is said his posterity bore the serpent and child as their ensign.
- To posterity I bequeath the recognition of these poor captives.
- What mortals while they live But half receive, posterity shall give.
- About posterity were I to prate, Who then the living would amuse?
How To Use Posterity In A Sentence?
- Did you expect posterity to reverse the verdict of the satirists, and to do you justice?
- And, then, there was a reliance upon posterity which is neither felt nor warranted now.
- As we have seen in so many other instances, it was left for posterity to do Collins justice.
- What dazzles, for the moment born, must perish; What genuine is posterity will cherish.
- The Archduke Francis Ferdinand will go down to posterity without having yielded up his secret.
- By what means were the posterity of Shem and Japheth enabled to enslave the posterity of Ham?
- The whole posterity of Shem and Japheth are intellectually superior to the posterity of Ham.
- This is exact truth, but without any appearance of being so; and posterity will with difficulty believe it.
- Of course none of the now surviving species of apes is to be regarded as the unaltered posterity of that primeval parent-form.
- It was further asserted that these liberties were to be enjoyed by the people of the Colony and their posterity forever.
- If he was, posterity may be sure that his influence was not exercised unduly in the direction of a bloodless solution of the crisis.
- Have we not bound it on posterity forever, though our abettors have declared that no one generation is competent to bind another?
- He would have been passed down to posterity as a dealer in wholesale scandal, who cared nothing for the wounded feelings of relatives.
- I place the most implicit confidence in his faithfully transmitting to posterity what I have imparted to him for this purpose.
- He goes on enviously to imagine the discovery by posterity of a means of transplanting oaks of a hundred and fifty years as easily as tulip-bulbs.
- Realising full well that posterity would read him, he also realised what were the things that posterity would like to hear about it.
- That might be all right for posterity, but we have got to be sure of it, or our posterity is not going to be able to pay the national debt.
- The fellow, as usual, was thinking only of what a grand thing it would be if he could only get that scene for posterity to gaze upon.
- He is clear that "arts are not yet come to their solstice," and that posterity will bring hidden things to light.
- The career of its greatest hero illustrates the manner in which the loyal nation gave to posterity a victorious Union.
- He appeals with confidence to the "impartial decision of posterity"; but posterity does not appoint a hearing for one per cent.
- By reason of the valour of that man whose very dust your posterity will honour and revere, the liberties of the Poles have been born again.
- And yet, it was a curious phase: their influence was generally found when history untangled for posterity some Gordian knot.
- Anarchism, at least as I understand it, leaves posterity free to develop its own particular systems, in harmony with its needs.
- Let the facts attest and let posterity decide; thank Heaven I shall not be there to hear the verdict.
- Nor should they be held up to the curiosity of posterity as a singular and pernicious exhibition, detached from his time and generation, and independent of them.
- And for some reason, which posterity will doubtless find even more difficult to fathom than I have, I was chosen.
- If we succeed in clearing the soil from the rubbish of the past and present, we will leave to posterity the greatest and safest heritage of all ages.
- Accursed should I be, and all my posterity with me, if I were to sell my oppressed nation for a few pence and bring armies against my native land.
- He did not sufficiently study the mystery of facts and thoughts, did not sufficiently investigate and scrutinize their connection, to give posterity a just and impartial opinion.
- She has celebrated the funeral of kings and kingdoms that plotted her destruction; and, with the inscriptions of their pride, has transmitted to posterity the record of their shame.
Definition of Posterity
All the future generations, especially the descendants of a specific person.
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Posterity in a sentence
sentence with Posterity
Posterity used in a sentence
Posterity make sentence
make sentence with Posterity
make sentence of Posterity
Posterity sentence in english