Short & Simple Example Sentence For Prosaic | Prosaic Sentence
- Never was there so prosaic an interview.
- In these prosaic days!
- This is a very tame and prosaic conception.
- It is to the prosaic these things fall.
- Nature is reduced to a prosaic level.
- What life could possibly be more prosaic than his?
- Alas, for the prosaic quality of fact!
- Dull, prosaic times we are living in!
- It was hard to imagine him in the prosaic role of a guide.
- These words, in prosaic type, look banal.
- His companions sometimes laughed at him for this prosaic seriousness.
- The real trouble with the theme is its hopelessly prosaic ugliness.
- This childlike and prosaic mind is beginning to wane in the world of science.
- He knew nothing of the cold, prosaic world of selfish interests.
- The settler came third, prosaic and plodding, but dauntless too.
- Nor wood-land haunt, or murmuring grove Can its prosaic bosom move.
- I stoited; A creeping cauld prosaic fog My very sense doited.
How To Use Prosaic In A Sentence?
- The work that is before us is more prosaic than was the duty of the puissant sovereign.
- This somewhat prosaic personality set off his more frivolous companion to advantage.
- My set detests the prosaic and commonplace; we must have the clever and original.
- Yet the story of the capital city of Iowa is neither prosaic nor uninteresting.
- The weak artist shirks the truth by a feeble idealism; the prosaic artist fails to transfigure it.
- The mechanical and prosaic man acknowledges God in his mechanical and prosaic way.
- To live, poetry would have to share the fears, angers, hopes and struggles of the prosaic world.
- My heroes risk their lives, but they are not soldiers, merely prosaic "bourgeois" and workmen.
- His prosaic release by Powhatan had developed into a romantic rescue by Pocahontas.
- The Radical literature of England is, with few exceptions, of a prosaic character.
- If Plato was an idealizing philosopher, Xenophon was a prosaic and matter of fact man of affairs.
- In a few minutes the contents of that letter graced the expanse usually sacred to more prosaic compositions.
- After a while it occurs to them that they ought to return to the drawing-room and the prosaic humdrumedness of everyday life.
- The second occasion was very prosaic and shockingly incongruous with the super-mundane colouring of these days.
- I must return to the more prosaic generalizations of conservation and its relation to the products of cultivation with which this article began.
- Henley reflected, in dismay at the thought of his present fancies being disturbed in such a prosaic way.
- He was a manly appearing fellow, though there was a glamour about him which made prosaic folk suspicious.
- It would have been so much more splendid to see the finished product of her art with no vexing memory of the prosaic processes of its upbuilding.
- We shall do better to begin with the prosaic and matter of fact minimum of truth: some poetry is philosophical.
- Some queer and unusual inspiration made the prosaic soldier resolute to accept these outrageous riddles without surprise.
- But stones, carbon, and light are familiar commonplace things, and fraught with prosaic associations.
- In the heroic times of chivalry men drew their swords for the sake of women; in these modern prosaic ones they draw their cheques.
- Sparrows twittered along the eaves, and the mighty city, with joy in its prosaic heart, was pacing majestically into the new and pleasant month.
Definition of Prosaic
Pertaining to or having the characteristics of prose. | (of writing or speaking) Straightforward; matter-of-fact; lacking the feeling or elegance of poetry. | (main usage, usually of writing or speaking but also figurative) Overly plain, simple or commonplace, to the point of being boring.
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Prosaic in a sentence
sentence with Prosaic
Prosaic used in a sentence
Prosaic make sentence
make sentence with Prosaic
make sentence of Prosaic
Prosaic sentence in english