Short & Simple Example Sentence For Quell | Quell Sentence
- I must quell these tumults.
- I compresses my heart to quell its yearning.
- He felt compelled to go himself and quell it.
- But he failed ignominiously to quell the revolt.
- Soldiers were needed to quell the resulting riot.
- He cannot forever quell the aspirations of the spirit.
- She tried to quell her tremors by simulating indignation.
- Do they need so much force to quell the crowd?
- I will quell my rebellious heart even if it must break.
- Unable to quell the desire, she threw wide the window.
- Great Oak alone could quell the tumult.
- To quell the rising clamor; Order!
- They repress themselves so much that they quell all their best impulses.
- Theodore tries to quell the big monopolies and look out for the people.
- Danger did not quell her, but her doubting heart tormented her.
- He must quell them with his eye, and draw ways and means out of his silk hat.
- Lloyd tried to quell Brook's fears.
- Sir James Brooke helped the Sultan of Borneo to quell a native uprising.
How To Use Quell In A Sentence?
- One proved to be a sergeant who was trying to quell the noise and get his men into quarters.
- But sometimes a single bold man can quell much more numerous opposition than even this.
- By threats and warnings the untutored English officers thought to quell the disturbance.
- Perhaps Brant tried to quell the disorder, but, if he did, his efforts were in vain.
- She despatched Gonzaga to quell the men, a course that Fortemani treated to a covert sneer.
- But all his virtues did not suffice to quell the malice and disappointed ambition of his imperial sister.
- Should a disturbance of a serious nature break out in your town, whose immediate duty would it be to quell it?
- The country will be agitated, and the farmers and townsfolk suffer great misery, if we cannot quell the tumult.
- He recapitulated the arguments which yesterday he had made use of to quell the mutinous spirit of Cappoccio.
- Full of life and animation, nothing could quell her spirits, and in most cases she had only to appear to dispel the gloom.
- Finally the young soldier sat on one of the centre barrels and tried to quell their antics, without much success.
- Stimulants, the only mode of treatment hitherto attempted, cannot quell the disease; they do but heighten the delirium.
- But now such a row, everybody wanted to go to the rescue, and it became a matter of difficulty to quell the military ardour of the army.
- Mr. Bromfield spake of raising a number of men to quell them, and was in some heat ready to run into the street.
- The girl, gripping one hand in the other as if to quell her rising horror, sat looking before her, and seemed barely to breathe.
- And then, added to this, was the sense of entire dependence on a stranger, which, no doubt, helped to quell her spirit.
- Bolivar managed to quell the opposition in dictatorial fashion; but his prestige had by this time fallen so low that an attempt was made to assassinate him.
- Although they were thankful to escape from the wreck, when they reached the land they found themselves in a scene desolate enough to quell the bravest soul.
- So that when Madame von Marwitz sought to quell him she found herself met with a gentle unawareness, even a gentle indifference.
- His expression was sufficient to quell any enthusiasm I might have had, and I, too, became despondent.
- His reason strove to assert itself, and to quell the tumult of his tortured heart; and again and again he reminded himself that there was no such thing as sorrow of the soul.
Definition of Quell
(transitive) To subdue, to put down; to silence or force (someone) to submit. [from 10th c.] | (transitive) To suppress, to put an end to (something); to extinguish. [from 14th c.] | (obsolete, transitive) To kill. [9th-19th c.]
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Quell in a sentence
sentence with Quell
Quell used in a sentence
Quell make sentence
make sentence with Quell
make sentence of Quell
Quell sentence in english