Short & Simple Example Sentence For Rebuff | Rebuff Sentence
- What a rebuff was that!
- This rebuff was sufficiently conclusive.
- But she could not rebuff the baby!
- At each momentary gain or rebuff we uttered ejaculations.
- But the good-humored rebuff cost him an effort.
- Every rebuff to him was like a blow in the face to Val.
- Therefore every rebuff from Boland found him undaunted.
- You rebuff me again, though I only want to make you happy.
- When the first discomfort of the rebuff had passed he pondered deeply.
- The supple figure felt the rebuff and all the more because others noticed it.
- He knew he loved her and he feared to run the risk of a rebuff by mail.
- Plainly she would have liked to rebuff him, but just now he had the whip hand.
- Livingston encountered rebuff after rebuff, and delay after delay.
- After the Earth-spirit's rebuff Faust is in despair.
- The rebuff which was on Helen's lips an instant before was never spoken.
How To Use Rebuff In A Sentence?
- She had felt her lips trembling more than once this morning and now a rebuff was hard to bear.
- Pringle sighed patiently at the rebuff and stole a timid glance at the thinker.
- Monty took the rebuff quietly, and thereafter rarely spoke unless he was spoken to.
- After all his preparations this rebuff must have been a serious blow to Columbus.
- How should Dick traverse with him the long road of rebuff and downfall he had traveled?
- After this unexpected rebuff he sat quiet for perhaps half a minute, staring fixedly at the exit.
- Burgevine did not accept this rebuff meekly, and his peremptory manner offended the Chinese.
- A mere hawk, or even an owl, might have considered this rebuff enough, but not the harrier.
- With the taste of this rebuff in his mouth, Kurolyessoff went back and told Mme.
- Trent saw in this rebuff another move in the subtle game Private Arthur Smith was playing.
- Mrs. De Peyster, after her first outburst, realized that she dared not cry out, or rebuff William.
- The attempt and the rebuff made them more intimate, as though an understanding had been reached between them.
- Thus they live lonely in a world of other lonely souls; no one can help them, and they are too timid of rebuff to help themselves.
- On the morning of the third day after his rebuff at the hands of the footmen Trent made up his mind.
- Not that he expected a rebuff from her, but that he could not endure the thought of hearing her brave, calm recital of the merciless story.
- After Ralph's rebuff the second mate had made no further attempt to have the thing investigated.
- The latter were always very friendly and ready to help us in every possible way, while as a rule we met with rebuff at the hands of the former.
- Perhaps, for he was a very vain man, he was more hurt that Henry had seen him rebuffed than by the rebuff itself.
- This reverse was the first serious rebuff that had happened to Charles, and it marked a turn in his fortunes.
- There was no rebuff in that quiet statement, but it opened another door to Connor's understanding.
- We are, at any rate, entitled to believe that the Conservatives owed their rebuff mainly to the faults which they themselves committed.
- It was a solace for any man, after receiving such an unmistakable rebuff as he had just received from Maria Edgham.
- But it served to rebuff the duchesse, who did not interest him, and to make Adrienne very, very happy when he repeated to her the conversation.
- The only thing that helped him was that prodigious store of optimism which impelled him after each rebuff to hope for a change just around the corner.
- With this chilly rebuff her companion was compelled to be content, and no amount of diplomatic cross-examination would induce her to reveal anything further.
Definition of Rebuff
(transitive) To buff again. | A sudden resistance or refusal. | Repercussion, or beating back.
What other website visitors are viewing?
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Rebuff in a sentence
sentence with Rebuff
Rebuff used in a sentence
Rebuff make sentence
make sentence with Rebuff
make sentence of Rebuff
Rebuff sentence in english