Definition of Scrape Together (idiomatic) To collect, assemble or gather small amounts (especially of money), from various sources, with some difficulty
Short Example Sentence for Scrape Together
- 1. I will purchase it as soon as I can scrape together the money. 🔊
How to use Scrape Together in a Sentence?
- 1. Lato turned his pockets inside out, and the most he could scrape together was twelve hundred guilders. 🔊
- 2. It is the resource of the poorer class of offenders, who can scrape together that single guinea, but no more. 🔊
- 3. But with all they could scrape together the income was insufficient to keep three souls within three bodies, and three bodies decently covered. 🔊
- 4. No matter how hard up Mrs. Haines was, she managed to scrape together a few pennies to pay to have the work done for her rather than do it herself. 🔊