Short & Simple Example Sentence For Shifty | Shifty Sentence
- And the truth was in his shifty eyes.
- Thelma never seemed shifty to me.
- I never saw such a shifty manner in all my life.
- Old Jimmie's shifty gaze wavered before Barney's glare.
- And was this shifty dodging of the real issue the wisest statesmanship?
- Chance conversations are shifty guides on dates and place-names.
- His face was harder and more evil-looking and his shifty eyes were everywhere.
- His countenance is not a good one; it is shifty and deceitful.
- Eccles faced him unwillingly, with a stolid front but shifty eyes.
- He looked so shifty when he said it that I had my suspicions at once.
- He's a shifty chap, and a thorn in his family's side by all accounts.
- The eyes of Rutherford bored into the cruel little shifty ones of the bad man.
- The shifty black eyes looked anywhere but into the policeman's face.
How To Use Shifty In A Sentence?
- But now their reluctance hinted that their determination was built on some very shifty sands.
- By such shifty phrases he shirked responsibility for the results of his own teaching.
- My sword seemed everywhere at once, and even the shifty Catesby was pressed back.
- He was watching Mahr keenly, and fancied he detected a shifty glance at the mention of the name.
- The men were of the ordinary dock rat type, scraggily built, unshaven, with cunning, shifty eyes.
- Up in the North there 'tis always unsettled; I fancy we shan't be so shifty down South.
- The fickleness of men in costume in a manner burlesques their shifty and uncertain taste in literature.
- Greece, as the result of her shifty and even treacherous attitude, will get very little consideration.
- He was a shifty eyed low brow that you wouldn't trust alone in a room with a hot quarter.
- Presently a man with a gnawed yellow mustache and a shifty eye walks out of one of the offices, and perceives our friend.
- She had innumerable tricks of indication in these shifty pretty ways of hers, and was full of varying speech to the cunning reader of her.
- Daughters of the wind, but shifty daughters of this wind of the dropping sun, they have to be watched to be loved in their transformations.
- Their ray-guns were gripped tighter as their shifty eyes darted from his huge bulk to the water ahead, and back.
- They all have sort of a queer, shifty look about them; and they all shut right up like clams when you ask questions.
- His face, his shifty eyes, the backward glances, his fear of being followed and tracked down betrayed it.
- If, on the other hand, he is shifty and cunning, he will encourage all kinds of slimness and questionable proceedings on the part of his clerks.
- And so the dispensary flourished, and the needy young student grew shifty and callous, and no doubt there were occasional faith-cures.
- He has such a shifty look, and might have done some great wrong, he has that half-frightened glance as though he feared detection.
- He went, his lips pouted out petulantly and a shifty look in his eye, and once more the fair postmistress turned upon her victim.
- He did not fail to observe the furtive, shifty glances that Wade shot out from under his bushy eyebrows in the direction of the couple.
- Senator Fairclothe was watching him with the shifty eyes of a cornered man who stands on guard, ready to parry a blow.
- I guess Horrocks, in spite of his shifty black eyes, isn't the man for the business.
- The man could not keep an ugly little gleam from showing in his shifty gray eye; and Garth stopped abruptly.
- Well," said he, with a shifty look in his little pig's eyes, "let us talk business.
- If he's a good man an' shifty on his feet, he'll counter be askin' ye where ye spend th' summer.
- There was something furtive and shifty about George Lerton, but he never had presumed on his relationship, at least.
- He is a tall man, with a dark beard, straight dark hair, a sallow face and shifty eyes, and was dressed rather like a dissenting clergyman.
Definition of Shifty
Subject to frequent changes in direction. | (of a person's eyes) Moving from one object to another, not looking directly and steadily at the person with whom one is speaking. | Having the appearance of being dishonest, criminal or unreliable.
What other website visitors are viewing?
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Shifty in a sentence
sentence with Shifty
Shifty used in a sentence
Shifty make sentence
make sentence with Shifty
make sentence of Shifty
Shifty sentence in english