Short & Simple Example Sentence For Sodden | Sodden Sentence
- On sodden leaves do you tread?
- Bruce was grinning under his sodden hair.
- Off slipped a sodden ulster.
- One more ambulance plunged up the sodden road.
- Thaine sat on a pile of sodden straw.
- Look at those sodden faces and swollen heads.
- Warrington looked down at the sodden wretch moodily.
- He would give these sodden barbarians a lesson.
- A dim perception came into the sodden eyes.
- He was sodden in drink and going to pieces fast.
- The sodden boat was drifting steadily toward the island.
- Penny found the sodden garment lying almost at her feet.
- Many lay for a time helpless upon the sodden ground.
- My boots were like brown paper, so sodden were they.
- I am a failure, a sodden wreck upon the shoals of self.
- He led me up the gory hill By wood and sodden heath.
- Then he replaced the sodden end of his cigarette between them.
- Presently he heard her running after him lightly over the sodden ground.
- He was sodden and heavy with the heat and the oppression of his garments.
- The sodden condition of his imagination distorted his sense of proportion.
- Empedocles came likewise, who looked sodden and roasted all over.
- The satanic cunning of the proposal was lost upon his sodden intellect.
- The morning was chill and misty, the turf sodden and shining.
- He lay limp as a sodden moccasin, and breathed stertorously.
- Their boots squelched on the sodden turf; the wind bore on them heavily.
- Her hair, streaming down in a sodden mass, was matted with blood.
- The swallows high in the sodden sky Circle oft and again.
- He lay like a log, face downwards upon the sodden leaves just inside the gate.
- The sodden tents hung dankly, black-grey in the gusty, rainy morning.
- He nodded at the sodden corpse of Deming, flung up on the grit.
How To Use Sodden In A Sentence?
- And he had tramped through a day of rain with sodden shoes and steaming garments.
- It had been issued by companies to the men in the afternoon and by night it was sodden with rain.
- Even this did not discourage the crowd, which stood about in its sodden clothes waiting.
- The grey rain-clouds had become darker and the shadows crept over the sodden hills.
- He had then made back for the lime-kiln to obtain warmth and to dry his sodden clothes.
- The man in blue flannel and corduroy tapped the sodden heel from his pipe and loaded it afresh.
- His dress was partly savage and partly civilized, and he was sodden with dirt and drink.
- When he awoke the next morning the rain was still falling, and the whole world was a sodden gray.
- So it would go until, with abused nature exhausted, he would sink into a sodden stupor.
Definition of Sodden
Soaked or drenched with liquid; soggy, saturated. | (archaic) Boiled. | (figuratively) Drunk; stupid as a result of drunkenness.
What other website visitors are viewing?
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Sodden in a sentence
sentence with Sodden
Sodden used in a sentence
Sodden make sentence
make sentence with Sodden
make sentence of Sodden
Sodden sentence in english