Short & Simple Example Sentence For Solemn | Solemn Sentence
- It was a most solemn affair.
- And from each patch a solemn mystery draws.
- Her hair was black and solemn as crape.
- Had he not taken a solemn oath to kill them on sight?
- Christmas where snow peaks stand solemn and white.
- What a world of solemn thought their monody compels!
- Boyce asked her in a solemn voice and he took her hand.
- A solemn festive greeting, to the coming day!
- Announce the solemn dawn of Easter-day?
- Drew's solemn eyes brightened.
- I bowed down and kissed the turf in solemn attestation of my vow.
- In the solemn mute moments that followed the curlew wailed again.
- Emad-ed-deen resolved to commence his mission by the solemn call to prayer.
- We found a diary of her solemn resolutions, all tending to practical virtue.
- Are but the solemn decorations all Of the great tomb of man.
- They took the solemn oath to act in the sight of God and conscientiously.
- I must tell you that Carrie and I have made a solemn compact.
- So am I also welcome, and may hope To mingle in your solemn company.
How To Use Solemn In A Sentence?
- Nor would he suffer any violence to be done to the solemn brightness of the aria.
- The grand and solemn movement responds to the large and simple ideas which it unfolds.
- Besides, there were no such beautiful, solemn melodies for the piano as for the organ.
- The mosks were closed, the fast of Ramazan neglected, the solemn seasons of prayer despised.
- Mrs Yabsley, moved by the solemn occasion, formally introduced Chook and Pinkey.
- How solemn the well-remembered prayers are, here uttered again in the place where in childhood we used to hear them!
- He wrote a solemn pledge which all the officers in the house signed, binding them not to divulge the scheme.
- Her eyes were solemn but contented as she looked into his face, and saw that in spite of his words he was as much mystified as herself.
- There was something solemn and church-like in these surroundings which appealed at once to the Maid.
- The boy had watched the recapture of the lifeless body in solemn silence, a red flush of color in either cheek.
- How solemn the contrast between the stillness of that sick-chamber and the Babel of eager tongues in the house below!
- Only once did her solemn face lighten with an inspirational flash that made Drew's heart jump.
- It is the solemn call of the owl, as he sits among the limbs, looking out from between the branches with his great round grey eyes.
- Miss Benette's solemn manner had great authority over the child, it was certain.
- The roar of the water sounded deep and solemn among the old woods, as it went roaring and tumbling, and struggling through the gorge.
- His spine straightened rigidly; a solemn light came into his eye; a cough that fairly choked with wisdom echoed from his throat.
- Admiral Serrano, and twenty-seven of the principal officers and men, were invited to a solemn banquet.
- Afterwards caused he the corpse to be ta'en and laid out in solemn state so that all might see it arrayed on board the King's own ship.
- After the last solemn flutter of the mainsail the murmuring voices of the Moorsom party lingered, very frail, in the black stillness.
- The day of the examination Squire Rawson attended, solemn and pompous with a superfluity of white shirt-front.
- You have listened to the glad music of the woods when the morning was young, and to the solemn night voices of the forest when darkness enshrouded the earth.
- She looked through the keyhole, and beheld the minister on his knees before her husband with uplifted hands, endeavouring to move him by solemn oaths.
Definition of Solemn
Deeply serious and somber. | Somberly impressive. | Performed with great ceremony.
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Solemn in a sentence
sentence with Solemn
Solemn used in a sentence
Solemn make sentence
make sentence with Solemn
make sentence of Solemn
Solemn sentence in english