Short & Simple Example Sentence For Sought | Sought Sentence
- Have you really sought that strength?
- I sought the village church.
- Hubert bowed, and sought for words.
- I was guileless when I sought the interview.
- I have long sought you, Micio.
- The Englishman now sought the fair Venetian.
- When he was ready, he sought Grace, to say good-bye.
- He rather sought to laugh me out of my own forebodings and presentiments.
- I sought my mother's grave.
- His eyes sought his wife's in vain.
- In vain had her hand been sought by the beaux for twenty miles around.
- They sought rather to write a history of peoples than a history of kings.
- Happiness, which had fled him in his palace, sought him out in his dungeon.
- I sought to serve my fellow-men, and they have persecuted me from among them.
- Harry and Jack sought shelter in a clump of bushes by the roadside.
- Her hand sought the bosom of her dress, but Tom did not notice.
- Unconsciously Pinkey's hand sought his eyebrows, as he laughed hollowly.
- Impatiently I sought you: and am glad To have encounter'd you thus readily.
How To Use Sought In A Sentence?
- Perhaps it was better that the musician then only sought for sympathy among his own kind.
- Trembling with excitement, she sought for a path that should lead her to the seashore.
- His drivers sought cover in and under the wagons, where they had spent the night.
- He seemed content to carry his load of misery in silence, and only sought to carry it by my side.
- Some helped, other sought to dissuade him, as he secured the line around his own waist.
- In the Theaetetus we sought to discover the nature of knowledge and false opinion.
- Dupleix, however, was not driven to despair, but still sought means of renewing the contest.
- One seemed to see as well as feel this heat, and Griffiths sought vain relief by gazing shoreward.
- Ulric lay down upon the sand and wept, for he knew that the gift for which he had sought so long was not for him.
- It was with this in view that at this very time he paid a visit to the western tribes and sought to ascertain their ideas upon the subject.
- I sought various ways to divert his mind, and to arouse him from the constant meditations in which he was plunged.
- Horses were killed or disabled, and the men deserted the guns and sought shelter behind wall or embankment.
- The king at last dismounted and sought for an entrance, while the prince held the horses in the pelting rain.
- He looked from her to the man whom she sought to protect, and who answered, unasked, the thoughts that were in his mind.
- The swarthy face of the gipsy gleamed with passion, and his unoccupied right hand sought his side, as if for a weapon.
- We have sought the truth, and how far we have found it, no one should proceed to determine without having first read and examined.
- So saying he dismissed the assembled people, and beckoning Doola, sought the seclusion of his own apartment.
- I made no new friends nor acquaintances; sought none of the pleasures of Naples which my rank and fortune threw open to me.
- He fanned her; and she sought his eyes incessantly with the deep pure blue of hers, and slaked her ever-thirsty love with long, passionate gazing.
- When told of his fate she was horrified, and in the early morning she sought Strachan to plead for his life, but was rudely repulsed.
- Unknown to the King, she visited all the magicians in his realm, and sought their help to aid her in the fulfilment of her wish; but in vain.
- He sought her in her favorite nook by the side of the La Belle, and there he found her gazing pensively into the water.
Definition of Sought
simple past tense and past participle of seek
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Sought in a sentence
sentence with Sought
Sought used in a sentence
Sought make sentence
make sentence with Sought
make sentence of Sought
Sought sentence in english