Short & Simple Example Sentence For Stronghold | Stronghold Sentence
- The stronghold where the tyrant comes in vain?
- Walktown was a stronghold of the Unitarians.
- Lancashire was the stronghold of Jacobitism.
- This was the last stronghold of the Mohammedans.
- Seclude yourselves in the stronghold of My love.
- Thus fell the great French stronghold on Cape Breton.
- The capital of the empire was the particular stronghold of the ancient creed.
- When would he again penetrate the stronghold of that unhappy red city?
- He went back to the Stronghold after he broke through our lines.
- They could not have left an Etruscan stronghold in the center of their path.
- The Sultana had fled, and the stronghold of Kimbengo was no more!
- In many quarters the stronghold was regarded as a second Port Arthur.
- This is especially true in Monastir, which is a stronghold of Greek influence.
- No. 5, Kensington Lane, W., is the stronghold of British respectability.
How To Use Stronghold In A Sentence?
- She withdrew resolutely into the stronghold of her success, and rose slowly to her feet.
- Then, having dined, the queen returned to her stronghold with the retinue that she had brought.
- Hagenbach then proceeded to make a stronghold of Brisac and waited for further action.
- England, of course, the stronghold of all anti-revolutionary forces, was to be the enemy.
- Meantime a small party was despatched by the duke to attack the stronghold of Franchimont.
- He had pressed on from Aquila, and was uneasy about the loyalty of that stronghold in his rear.
- The South had its last stronghold in San Francisco, and held it, haughty, unconquered, inflexible.
- His stronghold was not easy to hit upon either, for it was something very like looking in her own pocket.
- Their untiring zeal, their eloquence and perseverance undermined the stronghold of the Southern lords.
- The corsair dwelt in his stronghold in insolent defiance of the Knights, whose property it once had been.
- But she intended when she went back to town in July to capture what was now practically the only remaining stronghold of the disaffected.
- But perhaps until this morning it has never had a weapon strong enough to attack such a stronghold as the Church with any hope of victory.
- By promises and flatteries I won over his favourite slave, who enticed him out of his stronghold by night and alone.
- This stronghold was said to be occupied by the very pink and pith of the Persian forces, in number about fifteen thousand in all.
- From this stronghold he sallied forth from time to time against the Moors, and forced numbers of them to pay tribute.
- The men of the Stronghold poured out to take the horses, helping down more than one blood-stained soldier.
- The fort is old, crumbling, and time-worn, but was once occupied by the buccaneers as a most important stronghold commanding the narrow channel.
- Then, it never occurred to Michael that he was doing anything remarkable with his little white room in the blackness of the stronghold of sin.
- The first service on which he was employed after his return to the East was the reduction of the stronghold of Gheriah.
- Do you forget that the Osmanlis are always loth to relinquish any Hungarian stronghold that they once get possession of?
- He persisted unweariedly in hurling his golden bomb-shells into the stronghold of Parisian society, and at last the fortress capitulated.
- Their stronghold on the point of Motuara hath been long deserted; and we found many forsaken habitations in all parts of the sound.
- This stronghold has certainly in industry proved to be a house of cards, and I think it has proved to be equally a house of cards in religion.
- Somewhat more than two hundred Christians and more than one hundred Moro women have come from the stronghold during this time.
- You know the sort of thing; an abrupt, pyramid of craggy rock, crowned with an edifice, half stronghold and half cathedral.
- Though there have been and still are many admirable exceptions, Brahmanism remained the stronghold of reaction against the Western invasion.
Definition of Stronghold
A place built to withstand attack; a fortress. | (figuratively) A place of domination by, or refuge or survival of, a particular group or idea.
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Stronghold in a sentence
sentence with Stronghold
Stronghold used in a sentence
Stronghold make sentence
make sentence with Stronghold
make sentence of Stronghold
Stronghold sentence in english