Short & Simple Example Sentence For Subtly | Subtly Sentence
- They were all subtly alike, those eyes.
- The boyish look had subtly taken possession of his face.
- Brightly the mark glowed; subtly the eyes glowed.
- But she, too, had changed, and as subtly as the season.
- But the Pisan front is far more subtly proportioned.
- Missy felt nonplussed, though subtly pleased, in a way.
- More subtly the Moors created a heaven on earth.
- A vague terror, maliciously born, subtly spread.
- They subtly intimated that the doctor was marrying her for her money.
- The vengeance he had so subtly planned had turned into retributive justice.
- They are so unintelligent in some regions, so subtly wise in others.
- In frank but subtly hostile curiosity their glances met and crossed.
- But the comparison was subtly irritating, and after a time she turned from it.
- She waved her hands with a gesture infinitely graceful, subtly alluring.
- And, subtly interwoven, were the marks of her public life upon her.
- The young Englishman looked fresh and fit and subtly triumphant.
How To Use Subtly In A Sentence?
- Plainly this fellow lies, and he has come subtly with a tale to spy out our strength.
- He saw the destroyer of their lives, a devil who had worked subtly for his despoilment.
- Though she did not change her position in the chair, she appeared subtly active in every fibre.
- Other considerations than any he might suggest, he subtly understood, held her attention.
- The shanghaied man stood facing Schantze, with all the deference of a sailor, yet subtly defiant.
- And remember, Monsieur le Prefet, how minutely and subtly the whole business was worked.
- The phrase has a little sound that way, as H. subtly framed it, I confess!
- It must be confessed that nothing in her surroundings spoke to her more loudly or more subtly than these things.
- He had not sensed until now how subtly a secret anticipation that the facts might prove otherwise had buoyed him up.
- Spantz's eyes flamed for an instant and then subtly resumed their most ingratiating twinkle.
- I used to think she was merely an invention, he was so circumstantial in his subtly shaded allusions.
- The ferment of spirit of whole populations will fight subtly and constantly against it, and all the world will sympathize.
- If he has been burned in a theater, the grief of his male relatives is subtly tinged with excited delight.
- Thus we are led to use tints which are subtly formed, and such as please by their newness and bewilder by the intricacy of formation.
- The buzz of conversation among the spectators altered its tone subtly and took on a note of hostility as they entered and seated themselves.
- When one throws off a subtly philosophic obiter dictum one looks to the discerning critic to supply the meaning.
- The act must have been subtly suggested by the tincture of white blood in her veins, for it is not a redskin attitude.
- For when he approached her, lured by the beacon, she retreated, subtly intervening between them that sense of distance.
- Inch by inch the thing approached me; its stealthy, gliding motion reminding me of a tiger subtly and relentlessly stalking its prey.
- Failure to obtain phenomena that could be verified might subtly awaken skepticism in the simple-hearted Hindus around her.
- And, moreover, however highly artistic or however subtly metaphysical are our pleasures, they all depend on manual labour.
- He is a mauve satin waistcoat, embroidered with a chaste design of anchors and forget-me-nots, subtly suggesting perennial fidelity.
- The thoughtful watching that grows out of an understanding of our Lord's plans influences subtly and mightily one's whole life.
- You allured my eye with loveliness, my ear with music; piqued curiosity, pampered pride, and subdued will by flatteries subtly administered.
Definition of Subtly
With subtleness, in a subtle manner. With cleverness rather than brute force.
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Subtly in a sentence
sentence with Subtly
Subtly used in a sentence
Subtly make sentence
make sentence with Subtly
make sentence of Subtly
Subtly sentence in english