Short & Simple Example Sentence For Threats | Threats Sentence
- There were rumours of war and threats of war.
- With dire threats they beat a retreat.
- Mere threats had little effect in intimidating the editor.
- Her mother found that threats were as vain as coaxing.
- She took his arm, as if her threats had been caresses.
- Do you believe God makes such threats as this?
- Everything of this kind is to be reduced at last to threats of power.
- He made threats of what he would do if she refused to obey him.
- But now that the time had come for him to make his threats good, he hesitated.
- Artifice, persuasion and threats were used, and at length he prevailed.
- Finally, after a couple of threats to clear the court, order was restored.
- Dick Sinclair's threats were still ringing in his ears.
- Gunnlaug answers: "Thy threats grieve me nought.
- He followed me, uttering threats and imprecations, which I did not heed.
- The threats were uttered in London quite as plainly as they were in Berlin.
How To Use Threats In A Sentence?
- Everybody who goes near the jail comes away with reports of his threats against me.
- His indefinite threats had struck him more deeply than any direct charge could have done.
- Sitting there in drunken lassitude, he breathed nothing but threats of future vengeance.
- Atkins and his companion, finding that threats were unavailing, began to bestir themselves.
- To hold out threats that pensions would not be paid unless certain dirty work was done.
- To their threats of torture the woman was deaf as the mainmast, and still the Etruscan screamed.
- But though he speaks loud and demands to be heard For threats as for praises, he says not a word.
- Yet for all their threats Hicks obstinately refused to admit that he had ever seen Lyn Rowan.
- The Moderates hesitated, but were overawed by popular clamour and the threats of the Tilak Press.
- In the beginning he had tried threats and public jeers at his enemy's infirmity.
- At present, the advantage which they derive from the daily threats against her life is her only security for preserving it.
- Blows were necessary to prevent the crowding aboard of that mob of people whom neither shouts nor threats could stop.
- He talked very ugly in my office yesterday, and made various threats about making me regret any interference.
- About ten o'clock the children are driven indoors with threats and blows, and put to bed.
- No amount of questions, threats or persuasion would induce the woman to answer further than that she gave not the harp to the maiden.
- The threats of injury to the child he had set down as efforts to reduce Suzanne to a paralyzed silence.
- The night was dark, the clouds making threats of rain, and we felt it was a good time to be indoors.
- Nothing more is known: the letter contains threats in the event of the charge being true; and there history drops the matter.
- Every day she received anonymous letters, full of the grossest abuse; atrocious verses, threats of poison and assassination.
- All through the morning, the haze had been thickening, and now black clouds, big with threats of rain, were climbing up the sky.
- The Frenchman, however, with many awful threats had warned her not to let the others know what she had done for him.
- He closed his eyes to the decomposition of the army, talked sounding phrases, and uttered verbal threats against German imperialism.
- Oh! degraded, wretched young man, if nothing holy, nothing divine moves you, see if earthly threats will avail.
- In the worst period Lord Derby received threats that if he did not reduce his rents, his agent would be murdered.
- The villagers of Little Trent shunned it after nightfall; youngsters were frightened into obedience by threats to bring the moat ghosts after them.
Definition of Threats
plural of threat
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Threats in a sentence
sentence with Threats
Threats used in a sentence
Threats make sentence
make sentence with Threats
make sentence of Threats
Threats sentence in english