Short & Simple Example Sentence For Tortuous | Tortuous Sentence
- Then began the tortuous descent.
- They climbed up to the seat and the tortuous journey began.
- They are narrow, very tortuous and very crowded.
- Yet lately he seemed to have been forced into tortuous paths.
- Two more glasses of vodka wended their tortuous ways into the interior.
- To listen to the tortuous talker is a supreme test of patience.
- But the others were soon groping blindly up the tortuous channel.
- He had not called it the jungle, but he had been lost in its tortuous ways.
- What to do next, what tortuous path to try, he did not know.
- We lost our point on a tortuous road, but find that we have avoided a ravine.
- Leaping Creek gamboled its tortuous way through the heart of a perfect garden.
- Carondelet's Tortuous Intrigues.
- Up this tortuous trail Rhoda staggered, closely followed by DeWitt.
How To Use Tortuous In A Sentence?
- Those days of tortuous anxiety to me could have been scarce less agonizing to her.
- The tortuous upclimbing and downsliding of the train disclosed scenery imposing and grand.
- His ways are more tortuous than any mere army-surgeon can possibly hope to gauge.
- But the longest lane has its turning, and this tortuous channel also had an end.
- Their way climbed sharply, then leveled; the tunnel was as tortuous as the one below.
- By what tortuous way she managed in the end to reach his deeply hidden scruples, who can say?
- It was a tortuous journey when the Kippses set out to explain anything to each other.
- Again the afternoon dragged on, unbearably long, each tortuous second a slow period of agony.
- They were heathens, worshiping Heaven knows what in their tortuous and secret souls.
- The Palace faced the Nile, which showed like a tortuous band of blue and silver a mile or so away.
- It made him think of those damp, tortuous underground ways of the Villa Bordoni....
- But especially it is this strange and tortuous being who does most of the writing about female emancipation and the reconsidering of marriage.
- It was practically impossible to creep out of the tortuous channel while the submarine was completely submerged.
- But what would he have thought had he threaded the tortuous path now marked by glistening railway tracks?
- Such scullers naturally handicap themselves greatly by thus losing ground through these tortuous wanderings.
- He comprehended that the infatuated young man had engaged in the tortuous business of keeping sparks from tinder.
- Its channel was not so tortuous as we expected to have found it, nor did it offer any obstruction to the passage of the boats.
- They climbed the canyon wall on that side by a tortuous path on which only a burro or a very sure-footed pony was safe.
- There is but a moderate amount of fat around the gland, and tortuous veins are observed passing over it.
- As silently as they had followed the tortuous trail, so silently each wrapped himself in his blankets and lay down to sleep.
- It branched into various tortuous divisions, all of which were filled with ashes containing a large proportion of refuse.
- So many waterways intersect the shingly meadows that by the time we come out at the right place an extraordinarily tortuous path has been followed.
- The Austrians have enough men and guns to defend all these routes and all the tortuous pathways in between.
- The naked abdomen was gashed by a tortuous aperture like bleeding lips, through which appeared patches of bright blue.
- He knew that the camp might be very close in a straight line, and yet miles away by the tortuous windings of the creek.
- Every inlet of the tortuous coasts was penetrated and surveyed, to make certain that no passage to the north-east lay through these waters.
- Deane was sitting in the little bow window, looking down with apparent interest into the narrow, tortuous street.
Definition of Tortuous
(often figuratively) Twisted; having many turns; convoluted. | (astrology) Oblique; applied to the six signs of the zodiac (from Capricorn to Gemini) that ascend most rapidly and obliquely. | (obsolete) Injurious; tortious.
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Tortuous in a sentence
sentence with Tortuous
Tortuous used in a sentence
Tortuous make sentence
make sentence with Tortuous
make sentence of Tortuous
Tortuous sentence in english