Short & Simple Example Sentence For Whittling | Whittling Sentence
- The engineer was whittling a stick.
- Tom began whittling a stick picked from the ground.
- Moreover, all whittling of leisure is a mistake.
- He hoped to find Abe whittling shavings in the cook-house.
- Carl questioned, laying down his whittling and facing his mother.
- But the whittling keeps his hands and eyes busy, and steadies his nerves.
- We're whittling them down," answered Lanstron.
How To Use Whittling In A Sentence?
- With a new knife he was whittling a bit of wood into the rude semblance of a boat.
- I have sat many an afternoon after school whittling the bamboo frame for a modest kite.
- Many of them sat with their feet on the desk, chewing tobacco, and whittling a stick.
- Holding the plug he was whittling for his double-runner up to the light, Carl halted.
- The squatter sat on the floor, whittling a stick; Fledra crouched by the window.
- The envoy stopped whittling and looked at Jake, giving the slightest possible wink with one eye.
- The shaggy giant squatted behind the stove beside the pile of shavings he was everlastingly whittling for the cook-fire.
- In whatever manner he is whittling away his leisure, it is the wrong manner, for the sole reason that it bores him.
- The man was whittling a stave of birchwood into a rude axe-handle, and asked the question without raising his head.
- Little boys who have their sugar maples picked out and under guard, being more forehanded about some things than others, are whittling intensely.
- Jem, indeed, seemed to have forgotten the book altogether, he was so busy whittling away at a piece of wood.
- As he stood whittling a stick and cheerfully humming a tune of other days, he descried a small, alert figure coming up the road.
- But, somehow, he was not as prompt as was his wont, and sat evening after evening, whittling at the clipper and smoking thoughtfully.
- It wears away all love this trenchant art; Whittling with keen-edged wit the hearer's heart.
- If I set him to whittling a bit of wood or to sawing a board, he was sure soon to apply for a bandage to stop the flow of blood from a wound.
- He had been whittling a stick and now with a sober look he began throwing the chips into the water as if to indicate the path of the departing island.
- Bill informed me that he and his two chums used to spend hot summer afternoons in this cool place whittling out various ornaments and making furniture for the cave.
- There certainly are occasions when such a course is the only honest one, when a man has to make his protest and refuse to connive at any circumlocution or whittling away of principle.
- The old men of the place sat there in the summer days, whittling and chewing tobacco and living over again the stirring incidents of their picturesque past.
- Frederick was lying in the grass in his accustomed position, whittling a willow stick, the knotty end of which he was trying to form roughly into the shape of an animal.
- A little farther along, when the boss was once more whittling at the dictation, Mr. Van Britt strolled in.
Definition of Whittling
present participle of whittle | (usually in the plural) A chip or shaving whittled from some larger substance. | the art of carving shapes out of raw wood using a knife
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Whittling in a sentence
sentence with Whittling
Whittling used in a sentence
Whittling make sentence
make sentence with Whittling
make sentence of Whittling
Whittling sentence in english