Short & Simple Example Sentence For Witty | Witty Sentence
- She was witty about us.
- She is an anthology of witty phrases.
- The sharpest repartee is both witty and satirical.
- She was young enough and witty enough to be able to do so.
- M. Evarts, in a witty and characteristic address.
- I am not only witty in myself, but the cause that wit is in other men.
- The latter was the first baronet, and noted for his witty sayings.
- Catching at words confined to pot-house farmers and village witty bodies!
- There was, by the by, rather a witty satire founded on my bear.
- She is intelligent and graceful; witty in season, fantastic in measure.
- I am no conceited body; no newspaper Neddy; no pot-house witty person.
- But Rosalind never; nor that nephew of mine, The witty politician.
- The young and witty Countess of Marlanx came often to Edelweiss.
- He's a very good sort of man, where he takes; and very witty and clever.
How To Use Witty In A Sentence?
- He could not see a baby in long robes without a witty image leaping into his mind.
- She rarely said witty things, but it was surprising how witty others became in her company.
- This witty rejoinder made the arrogant soldier frown, and the talk suddenly ceased.
- He was an editor, critic, and poet, wielding a most witty but bitterly sarcastic pen.
- From what I have already said, it is apparent that she was an exceedingly witty woman.
- On the other hand, she had a free pen, to say the least of it, and often a witty one.
- Estelle and Aurora went in turns to chat with him there, but not one witty word reached Gerald.
- Some witty Poet took him on his lap, And fed him, from above, with some choice bit.
- The fair and witty Lady Kilmarnock lived in the neighbourhood at Callender House.
- A just and witty judgment of Captain Smith was made almost in his own time by Thomas Fuller.
- That he hid this intense reserve behind frank manners and a witty tongue was a characteristic of his race.
- For almost two years it had reposed there, with no one to cherish it or dip into its witty contents.
- The townsfolk are very witty and clever at giving nicknames, as the following little tales will show.
- Be witty in these playful varieties of poetry, because wit in a large and serious work would be insufferable.
- She had a witty encounter with the President and a familiar home-thrust for all whom she encountered.
- Not long after another subject gave me occasion to tell a witty story, which somehow came to me at the moment.
- The ghosts that sang in comical tableaux through the graveyard were equally convincing, genuinely witty and simultaneously creepy.
- It was generally agreed that she was both witty and charming, the kind of girl men easily run after, but not the sort they usually marry.
- Chaucer he loved as a bright and witty companion; Wyclif he honored as the most learned churchman of the age.
- When a fellow chances upon a witty thing, he has a right to repeat it; besides, you have reason on your side.
- The people of Arabia seldom or never engage in practical jokes, but they are often very witty in their remarks.
- A witty and cleverly drawn picture, as sure in its touch and as effective in its results as a Gibson drawing.
- He was very funny, and kept her laughing the whole way, with his broken English and his witty little remarks.
- He was as voluble as he was skilful, and as witty as he was voluble; at least so I guessed from the laughter that frequently drowned his voice.
- To be both witty and wise is a great gift; to be witty without being wise is a great misfortune; sometimes I think it has been your misfortune.
- He seemed a sharp, witty fellow, and I therefore entertained every confidence in his efforts to earn the promised reward.
Definition of Witty
(obsolete) Wise, having good judgement. | (archaic) Possessing a strong intellect or intellectual capacity; intelligent, skilful, ingenious. | Clever; amusingly ingenious.
What other website visitors are viewing?
Also learn how to use these words in a sentence
On this page we are showing correct ways to write
Witty in a sentence
sentence with Witty
Witty used in a sentence
Witty make sentence
make sentence with Witty
make sentence of Witty
Witty sentence in english